This article provides general guidance on configuring a CNAME record. For specific steps to set up your custom domain, check out our Help Centre article on connecting your domain in Unbounce.
General CNAME set up instructions
If we do not have CNAME record set up instructions for your specific host, these directions should help you make the necessary changes.
- Log-in to your account setup with your hosting provider for your custom domain
- Navigate to the DNS management section or page of your hosting provider
- Find a section called CNAME records
- Create a new CNAME record for your subdomain
- For example, if you picked "promo.cheapelephants.com" as your custom domain, create the CNAME record for "promo"
- If you're using the root domain "www.cheapelephants.com" create the record for "www"
- For the Destination or Points to value, paste in the unique CNAME value that you received from the Unbounce app.
- Save your changes.
CNAMEs can take up to 48 hours to propagate. Once it's ready, you can ensure your pages are published where you want by making sure your domain is added to Unbounce and your landing pages are pointing to your custom domain.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact us by clicking the Question Mark in the top right corner of the Unbounce app, and selecting Contact Us.