Add a CNAME Record to Your DreamHost Hosted Domain
- Log in to your DreamHost account.
- Click the Domains link on the left-hand side of the screen.
- In the Domains drop-down menu, select Manage Domains.
- Locate the custom domain you’ve purchased from DreamHost on the Manage Domains screen. Click the DNS link beneath your domain.
- Scroll down till you reach the section titled Add a custom DNS record to (your custom domain). Enter the following info:
- In the Name field, type the subdomain you would like to use for your landing page(s). Example: try, get, promo. If you want to use your naked domain, type www.
- In the Type drop-down menu, select CNAME.
- In the Value field, paste in the unique CNAME ID that you received from the Unbounce app.
All set! You’ve successfully added your CNAME record to your DreamHost domain.
If you get an error about an A-Record in the non-editable DreamHost DNS records, you'll need to contact DreamHost Support to have the A Record removed before you can set up your CNAME.
CNAME records can take a few days to propagate. Once it's ready, you can ensure your pages are published where you want by making sure your domain is added to Unbounce and your landing pages are pointing to your custom domain.
Now that you’ve added your CNAME record to DreamHost, you’ll want to change the URL of your landing page in the Unbounce app.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact us using the Help widget at the bottom right-hand corner of this page.