cPanel is an interface used by some hosting providers such as HostGator, JustHost, and WebhostingPad. If your provider uses cPanel, these directions will help you set up your CNAME.
How to add a CNAME with a cPanel control panel:
- Log in to your hosting account with your particular provider
- Navigate to Domains
- Click on Simple DNS Zone Editor, which will take you to a control panel
- Add a CNAME Record
- Enter the Name
- Type the name of your chosen subdomain
- For example, if you picked "promos.mysite.com" as your custom domain, enter "promos"
- Or, if you're using a root domain such as "www.mydomain.com" then you'll want to enter "www" here, cPanel automatically fills in the rest of your URL
CNAMEs can take up to 48 hours to propagate. Once it's ready, you can ensure your pages are published where you want by making sure your domain is added to Unbounce and your landing pages are pointing to your custom domain.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact our Support team using the Help widget at the bottom left corner of Unbounce.