cPanel is an interface used by some hosting providers such as HostGator, JustHost, and WebhostingPad. If your provider uses cPanel, these directions will help you set up your CNAME.
For more details on cPanel DNS records, see Add a DNS Zone Record within cPanel's documentation.
Add a CNAME Record to cPanel
- Log in to your hosting account with your particular provider
- Navigate to the DOMAINS section in cPanel, and locate the Zone Editor.
- Locate your domain, and click the MANAGE button. A new page will appear.
- Click the Add Record button, and within the Type drop-down, choose CNAME.
- Fill in the remaining form fields with the following values:
- Name will be the subdomain you’ll want to use for your custom domain (ie. if your domain in Unbounce is my.website.com, the Name value in cPanel will be my.website.com).
- TTL can be left as-is or set to a default of 1200.
- The Record value is the unique CNAME string provided by Unbounce.
- Click Add Record to save the changes.
CNAME records can take a few days to propagate. Once it's ready, you can ensure your pages are published where you want by making sure your domain is added to Unbounce and your landing pages are pointing to your custom domain.
Now that you’ve added your CNAME record to cPanel, you’ll want to change the URL of your landing page in the Unbounce app.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact us using the Help widget at the bottom right-hand corner of this page.