- Log in to your HostGator account.
- Click on the CPanel link on the left-hand side of the page. A new page will appear.
- Scroll down the page until you find the Domains section and click the Zone Editor link. A new page will appear.
- Locate the domain you’d like to link to Unbounce and click the CName Record link beside the domain. A new dialog box will appear.
- Fill in the blank fields in the new Add a CName Record dialog box:
- In the Name field, type the name of your chosen subdomain (Example: For promos.mysite.com simply enter ‘promos’ as the rest of the domain will propagate automatically. If you’re not using a subdomain and want to use the root domain (www.(domainname).com), enter ‘www’ and the rest of your domain will propagate automatically).
- In the CNAME field, paste in the unique CNAME id that you received from the Unbounce Builder.
- If all the steps were completed correctly, you should get a message from HostGator saying that you’ve successfully added a new CNAME to your hosting account.
Note: Your CNAME can take a few days to propagate. Once it's ready, you can ensure your pages are published in the correct place by making sure your domain is added to Unbounce, and your landing pages are pointing to your custom domain:
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact us using the Help widget at the bottom left corner of Unbounce.