This article will detail steps on how to add a CNAME record within HostGator's DNS. Once you've connected your domain in Unbounce and retrieved the unique CNAME ID, follow along with these steps.
For more detailed steps from HostGator, check out their documentation: Changing DNS Zones (MX, CNAME, and A Records) in cPanel.
- Log in to your HostGator account, also referred to as cPanel.
- Scroll down the page until you find the Domains section and click the Zone Editor link. A new page will appear.
- Locate the domain you'd like to link to Unbounce.
- Click the + CNAME Record link beside the domain. A new dialog box will appear.
- Fill in the blank fields as follows:
- In the Name field, type the name of your chosen subdomain (Example: For promos.mysite.com, enter promos.
- In the CNAME field, paste in the unique CNAME ID from the Unbounce platform.
- Click the Add a CNAME Record button at the bottom right-hand corner of the dialog box.
- Once completed, you should get a message from HostGator saying that you've successfully added a new CNAME to your hosting account.
Your CNAME record should propagate after a few moments, but it can take anywhere from an hour to 24 hours.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact our Support team with a screenshot of the CNAME record setup, and any other useful screenshots of the DNS records.