You can also follow GoDaddy’s docs directly, explaining how to add a CNAME record: Add a CNAME record.
Manually adding a CNAME Record to your GoDaddy hosted domain
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Navigate to the Domain Control Center.
- From the list, select the domain you’d like to connect back to Unbounce. This will bring you to the Domain Settings page.
- Scroll down to the Additional Settings section, and click Manage DNS:
- From this DNS Management page, scroll down past the list of any existing records & click the Add button:
- From the Type drop-down menu, select CNAME.
- Fill in the form fields with the following info:
- From the Type field drop-down menu, select CNAME.
- The Name will be the subdomain you’ll want to use for your custom domain (i.e., if your custom domain in Unbounce is get.mylandingpage.com, the Host in GoDaddy is get).
- The Value field refers to the unique CNAME ID generated by the Unbounce app.
- TTL can be left as the default or set to 1 hour.
- Click the Save button, and you’re all set!
If you notice any errors in GoDaddy when attempting to save the CNAME records, please contact GoDaddy directly, as there may be some conflicting records causing this.
Do note that it can take up to 48 hours for newly-created records to take effect.
Once your CNAME is ready, you can publish your pages where you want. To do so, you’ll want to change the URL of your landing page in the Unbounce app.
Automatically adding a CNAME Record to your GoDaddy hosted domain
Unbounce now has an automatic setup for GoDaddy hosted domains which can be set up directly within the Unbounce app! Check out our article Adding Your Domain Automatically (GoDaddy, Media Temple, or 1&1) to use this much simpler method.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact our Support team using the Help widget at the bottom right-hand corner of this page.