How to Add a CNAME in Your Network Solutions Account:
- Log in to your Network Solutions account.
- Click Manage Account.
- Click Edit DNS under My Domain Names.
- Select Edit Advanced DNS Records next to the domain you want to use with Unbounce.
- Navigate to Edit CNAME Records in the Host Aliases (CNAME Records) section (you might have to scroll down).
- Fill in the fields with the following values:
- Enter the Alias (your chosen subdomain.For example, if you picked "promos.mydomain.com" as your custom domain, enter "promos".
- TTL can be left as-is or set to a default of 7200.
- Tick the Other Host button.
- If you see the error: "An A Record Already Exists for the Entered Alias" at this point, see below for instructions on deleting the conflicting A Record.
For further information check out the article below:
How to Delete an Existing A Record in Your Network Solutions Account
- Completes steps 1-3 above to access the DNS Manager Settings page.
- Click Edit A Records in the IP Addresses (A Records) section (you may need to scroll down).
- Select Delete for the record you want to remove
- For example, if you are trying to create a CNAME record for the domain "www.yourdomain.com", you will need to delete the A Record for the host "www"
CNAME records can take a few days to propagate. Once it's ready, you can ensure your pages are published where you want by making sure your domain is added to Unbounce and your landing pages are pointing to your custom domain.
Now that you’ve added your CNAME record to Network Solutions, you’ll want to change the URL of your landing page in the Unbounce app.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact us using the Help widget at the bottom right-hand corner of this page.