How to add a CNAME to your DreamHost hosted domain:
- Log in to your DreamHost account
- Click Manage Domains in the Toolbox on the upper left
- Select the DNS link underneath the domain you want to set up
- Add a custom DNS Record, near the top of the page.
- Enter the Name
- Enter only the subdomain of the address you want to use for your Unbounce custom Domain
- For example, if you picked "promos.mysite.com" as your address, enter "promos"
- If you're using a root domain such as "www.myiste.com" then you'll want to enter "www"
If you get an error about an A Record in the Non-editable DreamHost DNS records, you'll need to contact DreamHost Support to have the A Record removed before you can set up your CNAME.
CNAMEs can take up to 48 hours to propagate. Once it's ready, you can ensure your pages are published where you want by making sure your domain is added to Unbounce and your landing pages are pointing to your custom domain.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact us using the Help button.