How to add a CNAME to your DreamHost hosted domain:
Before you add a CNAME to your DreamHost domain, you may want to add your domain to Unbounce.
See our full guide about connecting your domain to Unbounce here.
- Log in to your DreamHost account.
- Click the Domains link on the left-hand side of the screen. A new drop-down menu will appear.
- In the Domains drop-down menu, select Manage Domains. A new screen will appear.
- Locate the custom domain you’ve purchased from DreamHost on the Manage Domains screen. Click the DNS link beneath your domain. A new screen will appear.
- Scroll down the new screen until you reach the area entitled Add a custom DNS record to (your custom domain).
- In the Name field, type the subdomain you would like to use for your site. Example: try, get, promo. If you want to use your naked domain, type www.
- In the Type drop-down menu, select CNAME.
- In the Value field, paste in the unique cname ID that you received from the Unbounce Builder.
All set! You’ve successfully added your CNAME record to your DreamHost domain.
If you get an error about an A Record in the Non-editable DreamHost DNS records, you'll need to contact DreamHost Support to have the A Record removed before you can set up your CNAME.
CNAME records can take a few days to propagate. Once it's ready, you can ensure your pages are published where you want by making sure your domain is added to Unbounce and your landing pages are pointing to your custom domain.
Now that you’ve added your CNAME record to DreamHost, you’ll want to change the URL of your landing page in the Unbounce builder.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact us using the Support drop-down menu at the top right-hand corner of the Unbounce builder.