This article will provide a high-level overview of the components, properties, and sections of the Classic Builder! The drag-and-drop Classic builder means you can quickly create awesome on-brand experiences without a developer.
Interested in creating high-converting landing pages? Learn more about Smart Builder, our AI-powered landing page that helps you unlock more conversions through copy recommendations, customizable section templates, and mobile responsive design. Learn more about Smart Builder here: Getting Started with Smart Builder.
The main components to keep in mind when building your page in the Classic Builder are as follows:
- Widget Panel,
- Properties, Page Properties, and Goals Tabs,
- Toggle Desktop & Mobile Versions, the
- Toolbar & Additional Editing Options
- Version Control
The Widget Panel
The Widget Panel consists of multiple drag-and-drop elements to apply to your landing page:
For example, drag the Form widget anywhere on your landing page. A new dialog box will appear with options for creating your custom form.
View these articles to learn more about these features in the Widgets panel:
- Adding Page Sections
- Using Boxes in the Classic Builder
- Adding and Editing Text in the Classic Builder
- Adding Images in Classic Builder
- Adding & Editing Buttons in the Classic Builder
- Adding a Lightbox
- Adding and Editing Forms in the Classic Builder
- Adding Videos to the Classic Builder
- How Do I Embed Custom HTML or Widgets onto my Landing Page?
Properties, Page Properties, & Goals tab
The functionality within these tabs provides the building blocks for customizing your landing page, updating page settings and metadata, and setting conversion goals.
The Properties tab provides you with editing options for different elements on your landing page:
Highlight an element on your page, and navigate to the Properties tab. Here you can apply custom formatting options such as font styles, font sizes, text colors, line spacing, and more to elements on your page.
Page Properties Tab
Navigate to the Page Properties tab to update page-level styles, such as page background colors or page width. You can also update your page's metadata, title, and description within the Page Properties tab:
See our documentation for info on Managing your Page Properties.
Set conversion goals for particular actions on your landing page within the Goals tab:
See our documentation for info and best practices when setting conversion goals.
Toggle Desktop & Mobile Versions
Switch between the desktop and mobile versions of your landing page by clicking Desktop or Mobile buttons at the bottom right-hand corner of the Classic Builder.
See Working with Mobile-Responsive Content and Editing the Mobile View without changing the Desktop view for more info on creating responsive landing pages.
Use the Contents Panel to view all elements on your landing page or hide/display different elements from the mobile or desktop versions. Learn more here: Using the Contents Panel & Hiding/Displaying Objects.
Toolbar & Additional Editing Options
Save, preview or republish your page directly within the Classic Builder. Be sure to click the blue Save button once you've made changes to your landing page.
Within the toolbar, you can:
- Undo/ redo edits
- Move elements up or down on the page
- Bring elements forward or background (if they're stacked on top of one another)
- Duplicate elements or sections
- Delete elements or sections
You can restore back to an older version of your landing page using Version Control.
- Click the Last saved button next to the Save button.
- A pop-up will appear with the different versions of your landing page saved:
- Click the blue Restore button to edit that version.
And that's a general overview of the Classic Builder! Check out the following resources to learn more about building your page: