For GoDaddy, Media Temple, or 1&1 domains, you can connect your custom domain automatically in a few easy steps!
If you already have a website at your root domain (e.g., www.mysite.com), you'll need to use a subdomain (e.g., promo.mysite.com). Your Unbounce landing pages can't live at the same URL as your home page.
Adding Your Domain into Unbounce Automatically
- Log in to Unbounce.
- Within your desired Client subaccount, click the Domains link from the left-side navigation bar.
- Click the Add a Domain button at the top right corner of the screen. A new dialog box will appear.
- Enter your subdomain and root domain:
- Within the blank field on the left, enter your desired subdomain (in the example below, the subdomain is mylandingpage).
- In the blank field on the right, enter your root domain from GoDaddy, MediaTemple, or 1&1 (the example below is support-test.ca):
- Click the Create domain button.
- Since you're connecting a GoDaddy, MediaTemple, or 1&1 domain, a prompt will appear that allows you to set up your CNAME with your domain hosting service automatically:
- Click the button to Connect automatically.
- If you'd prefer to connect your domain manually, see our documentation: Set up your CNAME record with your hosting provider.
- The log-in page for your hosting provider will appear. Follow the log-in prompts and steps in your hosting provider.
Here is a gif demo of this feature:
Once you've signed into your hosting provider and followed the prompts, your domain will appear ready to use within the list of domains:
If you're having trouble with the auto-domain connect feature, you can always link your domain manually by creating a CNAME record for your subdomain.