This article will describe how to ensure all your landing pages on a domain are hidden from search engines using Unbounce's Script Manager.
There are many reasons why you may want to hide your landing pages from search engines. You may be running specific promotions, multi-step funnels, landing pages, or campaigns, and only want your pages accessible with a link or ad click. Or, you might want to hide your landing pages from organic searches.
Our Classic Builder has the functionality to Hide Your Page From Search Engines from within the Builder; however, this is specific to that one page only. If you're looking to achieve the same effect for all your landing pages on a domain, you can apply a 'noindex' meta tag as a single line of code through our Script Manager.
Applying the 'NoIndex' Meta Tag through Script Manager
- Log in to Unbounce, and from the left-hand side menu, click Settings.
- From the drop-down menu, select Script Manager.
- Click the blue Add a Script button on the top-right hand corner.
- From the pop-up, select a Custom Script from the drop-down menu, and give your script a name:
- Within the Script Details tab, set the Placement to the Head, and the Included on value toAll.
- On the right-hand side, select the Script Usage on which domains you'd like this applied to
- In the Script Field, apply the following code:
<meta name="robots" content="noindex">
- Save and Publish the script.
Note:This method will apply to all pages on a domain, so be sure to move any pages you want to be indexed by search engines to another domain.
And that's it! Adding this script (across all landing pages connected to a domain) will now hide all your landing pages from search engines.
Do note that these steps are not retroactive. If search engines have already indexed your pages, it may take some time to remove them. Completing this action is outside the scope of Unbounce, so it's best to request a recrawl of your page if they've been indexed previously. You can find popular search engine tools here: