Important Note:Smart Traffic can currently only be enabled on custom domains.
To enable Smart Traffic on a landing page, you’ll need at least two active variants.
- Navigate to the landing page where you’d like to activate Smart Traffic.
- Scroll down the page to the Page Traffic Mode section and select Smart Traffic.
Adding a Variant to Smart Traffic
You can add an unlimited amount of variants to your Smart Traffic enabled landing page, with the caveat that every variant added will increase the amount of learning time that Smart Traffic will require before it can optimize its traffic direction algorithm.
- To add a new variant, click Add Variant at the bottom of the Page Traffic Mode section.
- You can add new variants by three different methods:
- Duplicating an existing variant
- Starting from scratch
- Starting from a template
- Once you’ve selected which method you’d like to use, click Create Variant at the bottom right corner of the dialog box.
Enabling an Inactive Variant to Smart Traffic
To enable an Inactive Variant to Smart Traffic mode, you’ll have to change the variant status to active.
- Click on the Ellipsis menu on the right side of the variant you’d like to make active, and select Add to active variants.
- Once the variant is returned to active status, republish it to active Smart Traffic on this variant.
Smart Traffic Status Details
Once you’ve enabled Smart Traffic on your landing page, your account will show a Smart Traffic status bar with three possible statuses:
- Awaiting Publish - Smart Traffic is ready and will start working once the page is published.
- Learning - Smart Traffic is analyzing the incoming visitors and learning about their behaviour and attributes.
- Optimizing - Smart Traffic has learned about your visitors and has started to route visitors to the pages with the highest likelihood for them to convert. Note: Smart Traffic will continue to learn even after it has begun optimizing.
Once you’ve published your variants, Smart Traffic will go into a ‘Learning’ state and will start learning.
Smart Traffic will begin optimizing in as little as 50 visitors at which point it will show a ‘Optimizing’ state.
If you add a new variant once Smart Traffic has begun optimizing, it will return to a ‘Learning’ state. Your lift will be reset and will return when Smart Traffic returns to optimizing state.
Smart Traffic will display the lift percentage achieved once the learning phase has been completed and optimizing has begun.
Viewing Your Smart Traffic Results
The lift percentage numbers will appear above your conversion rates. As Smart Traffic optimizes and learns your visitors’ behaviors, your lift percentage and extra conversions number should increase.