How to add a CNAME to your Google Domains hosted domain:
You will need to add your domain to Unbounce to Unbounce first in order to retrieve that CNAME record.
Once you've received your unique CNAME record for your custom domain, follow these steps to add the record in Google Domains.
- Log in to your Google Domains account.
- Click on the domain that you’d like to update with a CNAME record.
- Select the menu icon , followed by the DNS icon
- Scroll down until you see the Custom resource records section.
- In the Name or @ field, type in the subdomain you plan to use for your landing page(s). Example: try, get, promo. If you want to use your naked domain, type www.
- In the Type drop-down menu, select CNAME.
- In the TTL field, enter 1H.
- In the Data field, paste in the unique CNAME value that you've copied from Unbounce.
All set! You’ve successfully added your CNAME record to your Google Domains domain.
CNAME records can take a few days to propagate. Once it's ready, you can ensure your pages are published where you want by making sure your domain is added to Unbounce and your landing pages are pointing to your custom domain.
Now that you’ve added your CNAME record to Google Domains, you’ll want to change the URL of your landing page in the Unbounce builder.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact Support by clicking the Question Mark icon at the top right corner of the Unbounce app, and selecting Contact Us.