The Page Properties tab, found on the right side of the Unbounce Builder, is the control center for all your page’s high-level data. Here you can make changes that affect:
- The high level look of your page (dimensions, background, etc.)
- How your page interacts with search engines.
The GEOMETRY Section
- Use the Size field to manually adjust the Width of your page.
- Change the Top Margin to determine the space between the top edge and the content of your page.
The DEFAULT TEXT STYLE Section
- Use the Text and Link Color selectors to determine the default colors for your text and link styles on your page.
Note:Changing text and link colors on individual text blocks will override settings from default text style.
The TITLE & METADATA Section
- The Title is the header and the customer’s introduction to your page. It’s important to pick a great title for your landing page as titles are an important part of determining your SEO.
- Keywords are an important part of search engine optimization and help to drive the right kind of traffic to your landing page. You want to pick the right keywords to make sure that you get the right kind of visitors. Enter your keywords in this field, separated by commas.
- Add a Description of your landing page to this field. This will display in search engine results and improve your click through rates.
- If you’ve created an AMP version of this landing page, you’ll want to put that URL into the AMP URL For This Page field.
Note:AMP functionality is only available to Accelerate and Concierge plans.
Some information about extra options:
- Unbounce gives you the option to add Dynamic Text Replacementto your Title, Keywords, and Description fields. You can pass through dynamic text values through your page’s URL. This is useful for increasing message match and quality score for your PPC campaigns.
- Select the Hide my page from search engines option to prevent Google from indexing your page. This is useful if you’re running only PPC campaigns.
The BACKGROUND PROPERTIES Section
Use the Style drop-down menu to determine what type of background you’d like to apply to the section. Each different style will have its own unique modifiers.
- Solid Color allows you to choose the color and opacity of your background.
- Image allows you to upload an image that you’d like to use for your background. The Builder provides you with extra options to select: add a parallax effect, or fit the image to the container.
- Pattern allows you to upload an image that will repeat and created a patterned effect for your background. You can also change the position and tiling of your pattern by expanding the Advanced Settings.
- Gradient allows you to choose colors to create a gradient effect on your background. Choose the base, top and bottom colors to create your effect.
- Video allows you to select a video source and play that video in the background of your page.
Some information on extra options:
- A Parallax effect affixes the background on the page and keeps the image in place while the rest of your page scrolls past the image.
- Fitting the image to the container will constrain the image to within the dimensions of your page section.
- Color Overlay/Underlay and Opacity allows you to add a ‘tint’ effect to your background image using a color of your choice. A color overlay of 100 will completely saturate the page section with your selected color.
Note:When you select the parallax feature, you will not notice a change in the page builder canvas. You can view the parallax effect through the page preview, and once the page is published. This feature is not currently available in mobile view.
The PAGE IMAGE QUALITY Section
- Use the JPG Image Quality slider to set the default compression settings for all the JPG images on your landing page.
- Select Compress all PNG images on this page to change the compression of all your PNG images from 24 bit to 8 bit.
Check out our documentation to find out more about how to use Auto Image Optimization.
Note:Page Image Quality is only available to accelerate, scale, and concierge plans.