Adding a file download to your landing page is a great strategy to entice your customers to get the information you need. File downloads are only linked to form confirmations, since you’re trading a file download for your customer’s information once they submit a form.
Unbounce allows you to have file downloads on your form confirmation pages. This lets you easily manage your lead capture campaigns and the files you’re giving away when people complete your forms.
At this time, a file download button only works on the form confirmation dialog box.
How to set up a file download on your form confirmation dialog box:
- Drag and drop the Form widget onto the spot on your landing page where you’d like to host your lead generation form, or click on a form to edit the existing form confirmation dialog box.
- Once you’ve edited your form to your satisfaction, click on the Form Confirmation Dialog tab in the top left corner of the Unbounce Builder. A new screen will appear.
- Drag and drop the Button widget onto your form confirmation dialog box. Click on your new button to populate the button Properties tab.
- In the Properties tab on the right side of the Builder, scroll down to the CLICK ACTION section.
- In the CLICK ACTION section, select Download File from the Action menu. A new dialog box will appear.
- In the Choose a File dialog box, select the file that you’d like to use for your giveaway, or use the upload button to upload the file that you'd like to use. then click the Choose button in the bottom right corner of the dialog box.
- Save and Publish/Republish your page.
There is a 200mb size limit for the file you’re uploading.
All set! Now your lead gen landing page will allow your visitors to download a file after completing your form.