Working with Users
There are three types of Unbounce users:
- Viewers can view all published and unpublished pages/Popups including stats, view leads, but they can't make any changes to the pages. This is a great option for allowing users to preview your pages.
- Authors can do everything Viewers can do, plus they can edit and manage pages/Popups. They have access to the pages and settings of the Client you're working in, but not Users, Domains, or billing information. (Note: Authors can add/edit Users and Domains on 2017 plans and above.)
- Owner/Administrators can do everything Authors can do, plus they can edit and manage Users, Domains, and billing information in a particular Client.
Adding a New User to a Client
Follow these steps to add a new user to a client (note that only owners and administrators can do this):
- Select the "Users" tab on the left side of the Builder and click the "Add a User" button.
- Enter the email address for your new user, select a role ("Admin", "Author", or "Viewer"), and click "Add User".
- Your new user will receive an email inviting them to join your client, and invitations will show under the "Pending Invitations" tab until they've been accepted or declined, at which time their email will show under "Active Users" or "Declined Invitations".
- Click the Gear menu on the right to re-send or cancel an invitation.
Modifying a User
Follow these steps to modify a user's status within a client (note that only owners and administrators can do this):
- Select the "Users" tab on the left side of the Builder to view your Active Users.
- Select the cog to the right of the user's name and "Change Role".
- Select the role you wish your user to have and click "Change Role".
Removing a User
Only Owners and Administrators can remove a user.
Follow these steps to remove a user from a client.
- Click "Users" from the left sidebar.
- Select the Gear icon next to the user you would like to remove, and choose "Remove from Client" from the drop-down menu.
Removing an Admin
- Click your name in the top right corner, and then select "My Account".
- Select "Manage Add-ons" on the left side of the app, then select "Users" underneath.
- Select "Remove User" to remove the Administrator, or select the Gear icon and "Revoke Admin Privileges" to assign Author privileges to the user.