There are three types of Unbounce users:
- Viewers can view all published and unpublished pages/Popups including stats, view leads, but they can't make any changes to the pages. This is a great option for allowing users to preview your pages.
- Authors can do everything Viewers can do, plus they can edit and manage pages/Popups. They have access to the pages and settings of the Client you're working in, but not Users, Domains, or billing information.
- Owner/Administrators can do everything Authors can do, plus they can edit and manage Users, Domains, and billing information for all Clients.
For a full breakdown of user permissions please see this table.
Note:Authors can invite/edit Users and Domains on 2017 plans and above. Authors on 2012 plans cannot manage domains and will not be able to access the domains section, but can move pages between existing domains.
This article describes how to:
- Access the Account Users Screen
- Invite a New User
- Filter and Sort Through Your User Records
- Modify a User’s Role/Removing a User/Granting Admin Privileges
- Remove or Revoke Admin Privileges
Access the Account Users Screen
The Account Users screen will give you access to all of your users, account wide, on every client, both active and pending. To access this screen follow the instructions below:
- Click on Your Avatar (circle shaped icon) in the top right corner of the screen and select Account Management from the drop-down menu.
- Select Users from the menu on the left side of the screen.
Inviting a New User
Follow these steps to add a new user to a client:
- Click the Invite button at the top right hand of the Users screen. A new dialog box will appear.
- In the new Invite User to a Client dialog box, fill out all the pertinent information regarding your new user:
- Enter your new user’s email address in the Invitee field.
- Select the Role that you’d like to assign for your new user.
- Choose the Client to which you’d like to assign the new user from the drop-down menu. (Leave this field blank if you are inviting a new admin.)
- Click the Add User button once complete.
- Your new user will receive an email inviting them to join your client.
- To re-send or cancel an invitation, type the email address of the pending user in the search bar in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the ellipsis beside the pending user’s email address and select either the Resend Invitation or Cancel Invitation option.
Note:Invitations will expire after 24 hours. You will need to re-send the invitation to create a new email with a valid activation link.
Note:Cancelling an invitation will revoke the activation link from the sent email. If the email receiver clicks on the activation link they will receive an access denied error message.
Filtering and Sorting Through Your User Records
From the Users screen, you can filter and sort your users account wide by:
- Selecting a specific client
- Choosing between active and pending users, or
- Typing in a specific name or email using the search bar.
Note:Are you missing the Filter by search bar? You are likely in the Users section for a specific client rather than account wide. Follow the steps in Access the Account Users Screen to ensure you’re in the right area.
Modify a User’s Role/Remove a User/Grant Admin Privileges
The owner or an administrator of your account can modify other users’ roles.
To access the modify role menu, locate the name of the person whose user role you’d like to modify. Click the ellipsis button to bring up the modify role menu.
For Author and Viewer Roles, you’ll see the following options:
- Change Role will bring up a dialog box where you can choose between the viewer or author roles.
- Remove from Client will remove this author/viewer entirely from the client, removing any privileges they previously had.
- Remove from All Clients will remove this author/viewer from all clients that they currently have access to.
- Grant Admin Privileges will grant full Admin privileges to this user. They will be able to make changes account wide and have full access to all users, clients, and pages.
Remove an Admin/Revoke Admin Privileges
Only an account owner can remove an admin or revoke admin privileges.
Locate the name of the admin that you would like to remove or revoke privileges. Click the ellipsis button to bring up the menu.
- Remove from All Clients will delete the admin completely from the account. They will no longer have access to the account or any clients.
- Revoke Admin Privileges will downgrade the admin to author user status across all clients on the account.
Adding a User on the Client Level Users Page
Users that are authors on a client level will not be able to access the account level users page, but they can still add new users to that specific client.
To access the client level users page follow these steps:
- Navigate to the client by clicking and finding the client from the top left menu.
- Click Users on the left side of the screen.
From this Users Page, authors can invite new authors and viewers to this client following the same method as above.