If you’re like most marketers, you spend a lot of time hitting the refresh key to see how many leads your lead generation landing page is producing. Unbounce lets you automatically receive an email alert whenever you get a new lead.
The Email Notifications integration automatically sends email notifications whenever a page visitor completes a form submission on your landing page.
This article will explain how to set up the Email Notifications integration.
Setting up Lead Notification Emails
To set up email notifications for your lead gen landing pages,
- Navigate to the Page Overview of your landing page.
- Select the Integrations tab, then click the Email Notifications button:
- A window will appear with configuration steps:
- Add your email (or a series of multiple emails) to users who will receive these lead notifications
- To add multiple email addresses, simply separate them using a comma.
- Change the email subject line (for example, to the name of your landing page or campaign).
That’s it! You’ll now receive an email whenever you get a new lead from your lead generation landing pages without having to touch the refresh key.
At this time, Unbounce utilizes SendGrid to facilitate lead notification emails. At no time does SendGrid store the content of these emails.
Example Notification Email
Below is an example of what the email notification of a lead submission will look like:
Customizing New Lead Email Notifications
You can customize the content and appearance of lead notification emails.
What you will need
- An Unbounce landing page with the lead notifications set up, and
- A little bit of HTML know-how.
What can you customize?
- The email footer and add your own branding
- Who the email appears to be from
- What fields to display in the email
- The look and feel of the notification
Email templates are unique for every Client, allowing different settings based on the context of the new lead.
Follow the instructions below to customize your new leads notifications:
- Log into your Unbounce account.
- Select the Client you wish to change the email settings for.
- Click Settings in the lower-left corner of your app.
- Select Email Notifications from the list of Settings:
- Select Customized email template.
- Change the name of the sender to one of your choosing:
- Change the HTML email to contain your company’s name, email, phone number, and URL:
- Update the Text email to contain your company’s name, email, phone number, and URL:
Preview how each email notification will appear, by clicking the Preview Text button:
Click Update Settings to save the changes.
Adding Company Branding & Customization
To customize your template even more, such as adding an image logo, or additional information, continue to edit the HTML version of your template.
For example, to add an image to your email notification, use the HTML image tag:
Sending Confirmation Emails to Your Leads
If you want to inform users who've complete form submissions to know that you've received their submission (e.g., confirmation emails), you would need to set up an integration on your landing page with a third-party tool that contains autoresponder features.
An example is MailChimp - see our documentation to learn more about the double-opt in feature.