Before you get started, you'll want to add a subdomain in your BlueHost account by following the directions below:
Working with your BlueHost hosted domain:
- Log in to your BlueHost account
- Click on the Domains link, then click on Zone Editor. A new page will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the Add DNS Record section. Fill in the form fields as follows:
- Enter only the subdomain of the address you want to use for your Unbounce custom domain
- For example, if you picked "promos.mysite.com" as your address, enter "promos"
- Or, if you're using a root domain such as "www.mysite.com" then you'll want to enter "www"
If you get an error adding your CNAME, there may be an A Record set up for your subdomain (sometimes, setting up a new subdomain will automatically create an A Record in BlueHost). To solve this just delete the A Record from the DNS Zone Editor, then add your CNAME.
For more information, you can access BlueHost's support documentation:
Now that you’ve added your CNAME record to DreamHost, you’ll want to change the URL of your landing page in the Unbounce builder.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact us using the Support drop-down menu at the top right-hand corner of the Unbounce builder.