Google reviews are a great way to promote brand awareness, while building trust from your customers.
By adding a Google reviews section to your landing page, your page visitors can learn more about your business and service from other customers or clients of yours, without having to leave the landing page.
This article will explain how to add a live Google reviews section to your landing page.
What You'll Need
Please review the following dependencies in this section. This App requires custom API permissions within the Google Cloud Platform, and a paid subscription with the Google Cloud Platform.
Setting these permissions can be a bit complex, so we recommend working with an IT member, developer, or Google's support team if you require any help enabling this custom API key.
To help you get started, here's what you'll need:
- A Google Cloud Platform account with a paid subscription.
- You must be on a paid subscription plan with the Google Cloud Platform for this Unbounce App to function correctly - a free plan will not work. To add billing details to your account, visit the Google Cloud Platform.
- A Google Maps Platform API Key.
- If you already have an API Key set up, you can locate this within the Credentials page within the Google Cloud Platform.
- Enable the Places API in the Google Cloud Console, and
- The Place ID of your business or service.
Adding the Google Reviews App to Smart Builder
- Navigate to the Apps tab on the left-hand side of Smart Builder.
- Search and locate the Google Reviews App.
- Click the plus button next to Google Reviews to install the app.
- A window will appear, where you may choose a Google Reviews section template:
- See our documentation for more on Section Templates.
- Once selected, the Google Reviews section will appear on the page.
Customizing the Google Reviews Section
Now that you have added the template, you will need to add your Google API Key & and your Google Place ID; this setup is how the reviews will appear on your page.
- Navigate to the Google Reviews section in Smart Builder.
- Single-click the section, and click the gear icon to launch the Settings:
- Type in your Google API Key (see the start of this doc for those dependencies).
- Type in your Places ID.
- Click the Apply button. The reviews will appear in Smart Builder:
With this app, you can remove reviews that you don't want to appear on your page.
- Single-click the section, and click the gear icon to launch the Settings.
- From the dropdown menu, select which review you'd like to remove (e.g., if you'd like to remove the third review, select 3rd review):
- The review will no longer appear on the page.
You're all set! Be sure to Save and Publish your landing page when you're happy with the changes.