Your visitors can complete payments and purchase products on your landing page, quickly and securely with a PayPal button.
Powered by Unbounce Apps, add a PayPal buy button to your landing page in Smart Builder!
What You’ll Need:
Installing the PayPal App in Smart Builder
- Navigate to the Apps tab on the left-hand side of Smart Builder.
- Search and locate the PayPal App.
- Click the plus button next to PayPal to install the app.
- You may see a dialog box that appears, explaining that you can swap an element on your page with this App:
To learn more about changing elements, see our documentation: Changing Elements on your Smart Builder Page.
Once you've installed the App, you can apply it to the landing page.
Adding a PayPal Button to your Page
In Smart Builder, the PayPal App will appear as a button on your page. To complete a payment, your visitors can click the button, input their PayPal login credentials, and confirm the payment.
You can replace any other element on your page with the PayPal App.
- Single-click the element in Smart Builder you'd like to replace with PayPal.
- Click the Change Element icon that appears at the bottom of the element.
- A drop-down menu will appear with different element options to swap the existing one with; select PayPal:
- Click the blue Set Up A Payment button. The PayPal Settings window will appear next to the button.
- Within the PayPal Settings,
- Enable or remove Conversion Tracking by toggling the blue radio button,
- Input the Currency and Price of your product, and
- Type in your Merchant ID or Email.
- Click Apply - wait a few moments for your Merchant ID to validate.
- The PayPal button (plus an additional button to input a Debit or Credit Card) will appear:
That's it! Be sure to Save & Publish your page to finalize these changes.
At this time, the default PayPal button style & appearance will appear in Smart Builder.
Testing the PayPal App in Smart Builder
See these steps to test the PayPal App or see how the experience appears on your visitors' end.
- Navigate to the live or Preview mode of your page in Smart Builder.
- Scroll down and click the PayPal button on your page.
- A prompt to the PayPal log-in portal will appear.
- Log in and confirm the payment amount. Click Pay Now to complete the purchase.
- A successful payment message will appear in Smart Builder.
Updating the PayPal Settings
If you need to update the PayPal settings, such as changing the purchase amount or updating the Merchant ID, navigate back to the PayPal App in Smart Builder, and click the gear icon:
The PayPal Settings window will re-appear, and you can make changes or updates.