A great way to extend your social media presence and reuse existing content is by adding an image onto your landing page, directly from your social media site.
The Instagram app, powered by Unbounce Apps, allows you to embed an Instagram post onto your Smart Builder page easily.
This app supports all types of Instagram content, including posts with pictures, videos, or Reels.
Installing the Instagram App in Smart Builder
- Navigate to the Apps tab within the left-hand side of the menu at the top of Smart Builder.
- Search and locate the Instagram App.
- Click the plus button next to Instagram to install the app.
- You may see a dialog box that appears, explaining that you can swap an element on your page with this App:
To learn more about changing elements, see our documentation: Changing Elements on your Smart Builder Page.
Once you've installed the Instagram App, you can apply it to the landing page in Smart Builder.
Adding an Instagram Element To Your Page
Now that you've installed the Instagram app, you can embed any Instagram post onto your landing page.
- Single-click an element on the page, and click the Change Element icon that appears at the bottom of the element.
- A drop-down menu will appear; select Instagram under the Media section:
- An Instagram image/post placeholder will appear on your page:
Importing a Post from Instagram
You'll need to retrieve the URL of the Instagram post, to add the post to your landing page in Smart Builder.
See Instagram's documentation to learn how to copy an Instagram post: How do I get a link (URL) to a photo or video on Instagram?
If you are adding content that you do not own onto your landing page, be sure to check the post's creative commons license to confirm what you can and can't do with someone else's content.
- Back in Smart Builder, locate the Instagram element.
- Single-click the element, and click the Add Instagram Post icon on the bottom-left. The Add Instagram Post settings will appear.
- In the Instagram Post URL field, paste the URL of your Instagram post.
- For steps on copying an Instagram link, see Instagram's documentation: How do I get a link (URL) to a photo or video on Instagram?
- Click anywhere outside of the Add Instagram Post window, and the post will load in Smart Builder:
Toggle Caption On/Off
With the Instagram Smart Builder App, you can include/exclude the caption from your post.
- Navigate back to the Instagram post in Smart Builder.
- Single-click the element, and click the Add Instagram Post icon on the bottom-left.
- Toggle the Include caption button off to remove the captions:
Be sure to Save and Publish your page once you're happy with your changes!