Adding an interactive map to your page is an easy way for your customers to locate your business relative to their location.
This can also encourage your page visitors to remain on your landing page when looking for directions to your business, helping you retain more views and lower bounce rates.
This article will explain how to add a map to your landing page built with Smart Builder, with the help of Unbounce Apps.
Installing the Map App
- Navigate to the Apps tab on the left-hand side of Smart Builder.
- Search and locate the Map App.
- Click the plus button next to Map to install the app.
- You may see a dialog box that appears, explaining that you can swap an element on your page with this App:
To learn more about changing elements, see our documentation: Changing Elements on your Smart Builder Page.
Once you've installed the App, you can apply it to the landing page.
Adding a Map to Your Page
Once you've installed the Map App, you can replace any other element on your page - an image, button, headings, etc. - with an interactive map simply by switching out the elements.
For this example, let's replace an image element with a map!
- Single-click any element in Smart Builder you'd like to replace with an interactive map.
- Click the Change Element icon that appears at the bottom of the element.
- A drop-down menu will appear with different element options to change the existing one with.
- Scroll down to Map:
- A map box will appear within that section. See this demo:
- Click Set Up an Address.
- From the window that appears, type in your city, location, or business address, and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Select a location from the drop-down list that appears:
- Once you've selected the location, click Continue.
- The map will appear on your landing page:
To view your map in real-time, toggle the Preview button at the top of Smart Builder:
Be sure to Save and Publish your page.