Have you enabled your landing page with Smart Traffic and seen an impressive lift in conversions? Are you curious about your Smart Traffic test, such as your audiences or device types?
Take your reporting to the next step with Behavior Sets!
Smart Traffic's reporting feature, Behavior Sets, can help you identify significant traffic groups with similar conversion characteristics such as geolocation, device type, operating system, timezone, and more to help you learn more about your audiences.
Access valuable data and reports about high-performing variants from a Smart Traffic test.
Behavior Sets & Page Requirements
As a reminder, Smart Traffic requires time to learn about your visitors to direct them to variants where they will most likely complete a conversion action — such as a button click, form submission, file download, etc.
That said, if you've recently enabled Smart Traffic on your landing page(s), you may need to wait longer before additional reporting data appears via Behavior Sets.
What You'll Need:
- A page enabled with Smart Traffic with more than one variant (minimum of two), and
- The page has received a minimum of 500 visitors.
- The more visitors to your page, the more insights Behavior Sets can provide you in to your page visitors.
Viewing Behavior Sets Reporting
- Navigate to the Page Overview of a landing page enabled with Smart Traffic.
- If your page qualifies for reports by Behavior Sets, you'll notice an additional tab in the Page Overview titled Reporting:
- Click the Reporting tab, and allow the data from Behavior Sets to propagate. This may take a few moments:
- Once propagated, you'll see a list of the total number of visitors, conversions, and the conversion rate, compared to different attributes such as,
- Geographical region (country and/or state),
- Operating system (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, etc.),
- Device type - mobile or desktop, and
- Browser type.
Here's an example of a list of geographical regions and the total number of visitors, conversions, and conversion rate for each region:
Note: Not seeing any data generated? See the FAQ at the bottom of this article to learn more.
Behavior Sets by Active Variants
To access the number of visitors, conversions, and conversion rates per region per variant, scroll down to the Active Variants sections.
- On the left-hand side of the table is the variant letter and name, and on the right-hand side, the number of visitors, conversions, and conversion rates:
- Click the blue drop-down arrow next to the variant name to view a more precise breakdown of your visitors & attributes such as geographical region (country and/or state), timezone, operating system, and device type.
For this example, the characteristic Behavior Sets delves into is the different geographical locations and the number of visitors, conversions, and conversion rates for each region:
Note: If you republish your at any point in the Smart Traffic test, the Behavior Sets data will also reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Behavior Sets tell me which variant is performing the best?
With Smart Traffic and Behaviour Sets, there isn't a "best" variant for your audiences because it depends on the unique visitor and their attributes (device type, operating system, browser type, timezone, country, or region).
For example, one variant might convert better in one geographical region, and another would convert better elsewhere. Conversion behavior depends on the unique visitor.
I don't see any data in the Reporting tab. Why is that?
If you've recently enabled Smart Traffic on your variants, Behavior Sets will still require some time to learn more about your visitors:
Or, our system has not found any common data sets among your audience to start generating Behavior Sets.
Rest assured, if you've recently enabled Smart Traffic, please allow some time for these reports to propagate.