Whether you’re counting down the days left before an exclusive product release or letting your page visitors know how much time they have left to purchase tickets for a webinar, a countdown timer is a great way to encourage your users to complete a conversion action.
This article will highlight steps for adding a countdown timer to your page in Smart Builder, thanks to Unbounce Apps.
Note: This feature is only available in Smart Builder. If you’re building landing pages with Classic Builder and want to add a countdown timer, see this handy workaround in the Unbounce Community: [How To] Add A Countdown Timer In Unbounce.
Adding a Countdown Timer to your Smart Builder Page
- Navigate to the Apps tab on the left-hand side of Smart Builder.
- Search and locate the Countdown App.
- Click the plus button next to Countdown to install the app.
- Once installed, a section template window will appear. Select Countdown:
Note: keep an eye out for more templates and layout options for this App in the future.
- The Countdown Timer section will appear on the page:
Edit the heading text to align with your brand or reason for the countdown timer.
Setting a Timer
To adjust the number of days, hours, minutes, or seconds on the Countdown Timer,
- Single or double-click any of the numbers within the timer. A widget will appear on the bottom-left corner:
- Choose the calendar icon option.
- Click the field with the current date.
- From the calendar selector, select the date and time you want the countdown timer to end:
- To see the countdown timer in action, toggle the Preview button at the top of Smart Builder:
Be sure to Save and Publish your page when you’re happy with these changes!