For Smart Copy to generate the most relevant content relating to a topic, you will need to provide the tool with parameters relating to your business needs, brand, target audience, and more.
Though you've already created a profile during the sign-up process, you can go back and edit this profile.
If you're on an Essential plan, you can create up to 3 profiles. If you're on an Unlimited plan, you can create an unlimited number of profiles.
This article will explain how to set up descriptive profiles in Smart Copy to generate relevant content and copy that adheres to your business needs.
What is a Profile in Smart Copy?
Smart Copy uses the information you share in your profile to generate content relevant to your company, product, or services while matching your brand style and tone.
Editing Your Current Profile
You can update your current profile anytime, depending on your copy needs. These steps will explain how to update your existing profile.
- Within the Smart Copy web app, select any Template from the list available, or any tool such as the Content Expander or Remixer.
- A Prompt page will appear with your current Smart Copy Profile.
- Edit your existing profile within the Prompt page by updating any of the following fields:
Profile: Use the drop-down menu to edit the current name of your profile, or select a new one. To learn more about adding a new profile, check out the next section of this article.
Language: Update the language choice for this profile. At this time, Smart Copy supports 30 languages.
Company: Enter the name of your company or organization for this profile.
Brand Description: Describe your company in a sentence or two as you want it described in the copy.
- For example, if you're generating an ad, consider tailoring the description to the subject of the ad instead of a broad company description; this will help the content be more relevant to the generation.
Brand Audience: Enter keywords that describe the person or group of people the content is intended for. To type in the keyword, press the Enter button on your keyboard.
- A combination of generational demographics (Gen Z, Millenials, Baby Boomers, etc.) combined with the subject or intent-based audiences (boat owners, yacht buyers) tends to work well.
To add more to the list, type in the audience type and press Enter on your keyboard.
Brand Keywords: Descriptive phrases or words that should resonate with your product, feature, or service you're offering.
To add more to the list, type in the brand keyword and press the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Once you've updated your profile, continue to access Smart Copy's features by clicking the Write For Me button at the top right-hand corner of the page.
Note that updating your profile saves automatically in the Smart Copy web app.
Adding a New Profile (Essential & Unlimited Plans only)
- Within the Smart Copy web app, select any Template from the list available or any tool such as the Content Expander or Remixer.
- Locate & click the Profile drop-down menu.
- Select the Create new profile option from the list:
- Give your new profile a name.
- Update the fields relating to your Company, Brand Description, Audience, and Keywords:
And that's it; you've created a new profile. Creating a new profile saves it automatically.
Switch between profiles while working on Smart Copy to ensure more tailored content depending on your brand, product, or feature.
Prompt page: The page appears after you click on a Smart Copy template or the Remix or Content Expander tool; the Prompt page collects more information about the copy you wish to create, such as description, title, and details, and offers fine-tune suggestions.
Profile: The parameters which provide Smart Copy details about your company, brand description, messaging, and more, helping create more tailored content to your business needs.