To embed a custom tracking script onto your Smart Builder pages, such as Google Tag Manager (GTM), Google Analytics, Google Ads, or to embed an Unbounce popup or sticky bar on your pages, you will need to install the script using Unbounce's Script Manager.
Script Manager allows you to install & apply scripts globally across all pages connected to a specific domain.
See our documentation for steps on how to add a custom script with Script Manager. Or, follow these steps:
- Log in to Unbounce, and from the left-hand side menu, click Settings.
- From the drop-down menu, select Script Manager.
- Click the blue Add a Script button on the top-right hand corner.
- From the pop-up, select a Custom Script from the drop-down menu, and give your script a name:
- Two panels will appear within a new page; update the fields with the following values:
- Within the Script Details tab, choose a Placement (depending on the script you're embedding, this can vary).
- The Included on value should be set to All.
- Paste your custom script within the dialog box.
- In the Script Usage tab, select which subdomain(s) that you plan to connect, or have already connected to your Smart Builder page. Here's an example with the global site tag:
- To install a popup or sticky bar, the steps and script placements are the same! Simply install your embed code within Script Manager.
- Click Save and Publish Script, and you'll be all set!
Currently, there isn't a way to trigger a script to fire on form submissions from Smart Builder pages.
We understand that this option of adding a script via Script Manager might not fit your tracking needs. As Smart Builder is still in its Beta phases, our teams are continuing to update the product and provide additional features over the next while, so do hang tight in the meantime!
As for now, Script Manager is the most effective workaround for adding custom scripts onto your page created with Smart Builder.