At this time, there are two ways to add custom scripts to Smart Builder:
- Select Unbounce Apps, or
- Unbounce's Script Manager.
This article will provide more detail into each method of adding a custom script to Smart Builder.
Adding Scripts with Unbounce Apps
With the help of select Unbounce Apps, you can set up reporting and conversion tracking tools directly within Smart Builder to help you track the success of your landing page.
Here are some tracking and reporting Apps available:
To add a different script, you need to use Script Manager, as explained in the next section.
Adding Scripts with Script Manager
Script Manager allows you to install & apply scripts globally across all pages connected to a specific domain, including your pages built with Smart Builder.
See our documentation for steps on adding a custom script with Script Manager. Or, follow these steps:
- Log in to Unbounce, and from the left-hand side menu, click Settings.
- From the drop-down menu, select Script Manager.
- Click the blue Add a Script button on the top-right hand corner.
- From the pop-up, select a Custom Script from the drop-down menu, and give your script a name:
- Two panels will appear within a new page; update the fields with the following values:
- Within the Script Details tab, choose a Placement (depending on the script you're embedding, this can vary).
- The Included value should be set to All.
- Paste your custom script within the dialog box.
- In the Script Usage tab, select which domain(s) you plan to connect to or have already connected to your Smart Builder page. Here's an example with the global site tag:
- Click Save and Publish Script, and you'll be all set!
Currently, there isn't a way to trigger a script to fire on form submissions from Smart Builder pages.
For example, if you need a script to fire upon form submissions, let's say, for conversion tracking or an event snippet, Smart Builder functionality does not yet support this.
We understand that this option of adding a script via Script Manager might not fit your tracking needs, but our teams are working on iterating and improving Smart Builder over the next while.