You can easily update copy and content on your landing page, and apply in-line links, styling, and more features directly within the page level (without changing the styling across your entire page).
This article will describe the following:
- Editing text in Smart Builder
- Formatting Paragraphs
- Updating Text Styles within a Section
- Adding Links to Text & Buttons
- Removing Underlined Text Links
Editing Text in Smart Builder
- Locate the heading, paragraph, or button you’d like to update the text for.
- Click the text on your page to edit the content:
- Click outside of the text box to update it, or press the tab button on your keyboard.
To undo any changes, click the undo button at the top-right hand corner of the Smart Builder, or hold down Command + Z (Mac device) or Control + Z (Windows device) on your keyboard.
You can apply additional formatting to paragraphs, such as italicizing or bolding text, applying underline and strikethrough formats, or adding bulleted or numbered lists:
These formatting options are available for paragraphs only.
Updating Text Styles within a Section
Using the Design Settings , you can update typography for a particular section only, without changing the typography of other sections on your page. Typography refers to anything relating to the text formatting, such as the font family, font size, color, and more!
- Navigate to the heading, paragraph, or button on your page, and click the text.
- Select the pen icon to launch the Design Settings .
- Update the typography or styling for that specific section only:
- Click the close icon at the top corner of the Design Settings to finalize these changes.
To update typography across the entire page, such as font colors & styles, see Updating Typography Across Entire Page.
Adding Links to Text & Buttons
At this time, you can add hyperlinks to paragraph texts & buttons only.
Adding Text Links
- Double-click or highlight the text in Smart Builder to toggle additional formatting and styling options.
- Select the link icon and a new window will appear.
- Type or paste in the URL of the web page you wish to hyperlink to in the blank URL field:
- Click the close icon to update the text with this link.
Adding Button Links
- Click the button in Smart Builder to toggle additional formatting settings.
- Select the link icon, and the Link Settings window will appear:
- Type or paste in the URL of the web page you wish to hyperlink to in the blank URL field.
- Click the close icon to update the button with this link.
To enable conversion tracking with buttons links, see setting Conversion Goals in Smart Builder.
Removing Underlined Text Links
- Navigate back to the Style Guide and scroll down the Link tab.
- Scroll down & locate the Text Decoration subheading.
- Untick the box Underline to remove underline formatting from text links:
Remember to Save and Publish your page when you’re happy with these changes!