Consider Smart Builder your developer, designer, copywriter and conversion rate expert. Powered by 1.5 billion conversions, Smart Builder helps you confidently and quickly create pre-optimized landing pages that are tailored to your industry, audience, and campaign goals.
Smart Builder helps you create a landing page effortlessly, by recommending high-converting components & page layouts specific to your industry, audience, page purpose, and goals.
Along with our guided experience, Smart Builder handles your copywriting needs thanks to our Copy Assistant, our built-in wordsmith that helps you generate high-converting copy based on your audience, industry, and conversion goals, with just a few lines of text.
This article will explain each step when creating your page with Smart Builder:
Creating a Page with Smart Builder
- Log into the Unbounce Conversion Intelligence™ Platform.
- Click the Create New button on the top-right corner to create a new landing page.
- Choose the option to create a page with Smart Builder:
Smart Builder is available on all current pricing plans. If your current plan is a legacy plan, such as Essential, Premium, Starter, and so on, you will need to upgrade to access Smart Builder.
Designing Your Page
Our Design Assistant in Smart Builder will craft page design recommendations based on details about your Client and Unbounce account.
- Within the Design page, include information about your page's purpose, and whether you'd like to include a form on your page:
- Click See Your Page to view the design of your page (so far):
- If you need to update your Industry at all, select the drop-down menu on the left-hand side of the Design page:
- Begin choosing a layout; Smart Builder bases the Suggested layouts on your page's industry & purpose:
- Or, you can also create your own custom page style and layout by clicking the Custom tab:
- If you need to update the page's Purpose, select the drop-down menu on the left-hand side of the Design page:
Click the Create Copy button at the bottom left-hand corner of Smart Builder to save these changes and begin adding copy to your page.
After the Design step, the next step is the Copy Assistant.
What is the Copy Assistant? It's Unbounce's built-in wordsmith that will generate high-converting copy - for your entire landing page - catered to your audience, industry, and conversion goals.
To demonstrate this in action, the example provided below is a landing page for an eCommerce store.
- To start, input a description of your company:
- Once you’ve added the description, click the Generate Copy.
The Copy Assistant will curate relevant and insightful copy for your landing page’s headings and paragraphs:
This is one of the three options the Copy Assistant can provide you.
To view more suggestions, you’ll need to provide the Copy Assistant with a little more details about your brand and purpose.
- For more suggestions, toggle the Enhanced Copy button on the left-hand side:
- Enter the following details:
- Brand Descriptions
- Target Audience
- Your product feature
- Your product benefits:
- Click Generate More Copy.
- A second page with more copy options will appear:
- You can click the Generate More Copy a third time, giving you a total of three copy suggestions for your pages.
- At this time, three is the maximum.
- Select one of the three copy recommendation options, and click Choose This Option to apply it to your page:
Do note that applying the Copy Assistant during the setup will mean that Copy Insights will be unavailable when editing your page later.
After clicking the Choose This Option, Smart Builder will refresh, and you can begin editing your page:
Editing Your Page
Now that you've created your landing page with Smart Builder, you can start editing your page! See our documentation for an Overview of Smart Builder to get started.
You can always add sections later when you’re editing your landing page. Learn more about page sections in the Smart Builder within our documentation here: Working with Section Templates.
Copy Assistant: Copy Assistant is your in-house wordsmith. Generate high-converting copy based on your audience, industry, and conversion goals for your entire landing page, all after just a few lines of text.
Design Assistant: Provides you with recommended layouts and page sections based on your industry, audience, page purpose, and goals to maximize more conversions.
Styling your Page in Smart Builder
Working with Section Templates