Meta has recently updated its requirements for pixel installation in response to Apple's iOS 14 update.
You can complete Meta's verification process directly in the Unbounce app by adding a meta tag to your custom domain (yes, directly in Unbounce!) using the Script Manager.
Once you retrieve the meta tag directly from Meta, it will look something like this:
<meta name="facebook-domain-verification" content="1a2b3c4d5e6f7g8h0i" />
Cool, but how can I set this up?
Happy you asked! By following the steps outlined below, you'll be able to add your meta tag to your domain through Unbounce:
- Log in to Unbounce, and from the left-hand side menu, click Settings.
- From the drop-down menu, select Script Manager.
- Click the blue Add a Script button on the top-right hand corner.
- From the pop-up, select a Custom Script from the drop-down menu, and give your script a name:
- Two panels will appear; update the fields with the following values:
- Within the Script Details tab, set the Placement to the Head, and the Included on value to All.
- Paste the meta tag script within the dialog box.
- In the Script Usage tab, select which subdomain(s) you'd like to apply the metatag script to:
Don't forget to hit Save and Publish Script, and you'll be all set!