Did you know you can boost your marketing confidence by enabling Smart Traffic mode on your account? Find out more by reading our Getting Started with Smart Traffic documentation.
For most of our customers, Smart Traffic would be the best option to get the most conversions possible.
The only situation where using A/B testing may be preferable is when you have access to the following:
- Someone with a high level of conversion rate optimizer expertise
- Time to devote to a long test duration
- Significantly high traffic volume
- A generous ad budget.
Smart Traffic helps to solve three key market problems to improve your conversion rates:
- While still a valid testing method, A/B testing takes a “one-size-fits-all” approach to conversion optimization by crowning just one champion page variant. At best, this helps serve up a single landing page that appeals to as many visitors as possible. But not all visitors are the same, and potential conversions fall through the cracks when someone hits a champion variant that just isn’t right for them. It's best to have various pages tailored to different prospects, devices, and traffic sources—and to route each visitor to the perfect page for them.
- A/B testing has long been marketers’ go-to conversion optimization method, but these tests can be challenging to set up correctly and the results can be hard to interpret. A/B Testing can be very complex, and often demands long test duration (which can cause delays), high traffic volume, and generous ad budgets you may not have.
- Traditionally, testing a new idea for your landing pages comes with a certain level of risk because doing it incorrectly produces poor results and decreasing performance. Without a firm grasp of the nuances of conversion rate optimization and testing, these risks increase. A solid premise is critical to the success of an A/B test, while a bad one may produce inaccurate results. You need the confidence to optimize your conversions without having to interpret complex results yourself (or rely on experts).
What Are the Benefits of Using Smart Traffic?
- The ability to try multiple strategies and premises at one time. For example, one page variant sells the product, while the other sells the customer story.
- Getting the most conversions in the least amount of time. Smart traffic is effective with as few as 30 visitors to your landing page. You’ll need thousands of visitors to run an effective A/B testing campaign.
- Serves up the right variant for each traffic source going to the same URL, despite having multiple traffic sources.
- Risk free testing of new designs. If your new content isn’t performing, traffic will quickly and automatically be redirected to your old standard.
- An adaptable system that improves over time. New traffic sources, and new reactions to variants will be accounted for as the system learns and adapts to the changes and automatically routes the traffic to the appropriate variant.