Adding a LinkedIn Insight Tag
- In your LinkedIn Campaign Manager, go to the Account Assets drop-down menu and click Insight Tag. A new screen will appear.
- Click the Manage Insight Tag drop-down menu on the right side of the screen and choose See tag. A new screen will appear.
- Copy the Pixel code in the dialog box by clicking on the code snippet.
- In the new dialog box, paste the code that you copied from LinkedIn. Enter LinkedIn Pixel in the Script Name field and select the “Before body end tag" option in the Placement drop-down menu. Once you've completed all these steps, click the Save Code button in the bottom right-hand corner of the dialog box.
You can install this script once and have it applied to all pages under the same domain. Simply install the script through Script Manager instead of installing it through page variant. This script will be placed on “Before body end tag" and be included on “All". You won’t need to install the same Pixel on your Form Confirmation Dialog again if you already have your Pixel through Script Manager.
Adding your LinkedIn Pixel as a Variant Pixel
If you have your LinkedIn Pixel as a variant* pixel instead of a domain pixel, please follow these 2 extra steps to track your conversion on your form.
- Select the Form Confirmation Dialog tab in the top left corner of the builder.
Repeat the instructions in Steps 4 and 5.
You're set! Your pixel will now track visits and conversions to every landing page where the pixel code exists.
A variant pixel is a snippet implemented on your variant instead of your domain, which means this pixel will only track traffic and conversion on a certain variant (page) instead of tracking every page on your domain. If you want to track specific pages on your domain, you would have to implement LinkedIn Pixel as a variant pixel.
Troubleshooting the LinkedIn Pixel
If you've installed the pixel into Unbounce, and notice tracking issues, LinkedIn's Support team would best answer any questions about the integration.
If you run into any trouble with your pixel code, outside of Unbounce, please get in touch with LinkedIn's Support team, or take a look at their troubleshooting documentation.