You may prefer to add your own custom Meta (Facebook) Like or Share button on your landing page rather than using our social widget. This article will explain how to set this up in the Classic Builder.
Step 1: Create a Custom Button (Like and Share, or Share Button) in Meta
Once you select the options for your custom button, click the Get Code button and a new dialog box will appear with two different scripts.
You’ll need both codes for the Share or Like Button to appear in the Classic Builder. Let’s break the process down and go through installing each of these scripts separately.
- Navigate to your landing page in the Classic Builder.
- In the new Manage Scripts Dialog box, fill out the following information:
- In the Script Name form field, type Facebook Buttons, or any script name.
- In the Placement drop-down menu, select After Body Tag.
Step 2 - Installing the HTML Code for Your Custom Share Button in the Classic Builder
- Copy the Custom HTML portion of the code from Meta for your custom Like or Share button.
- In the Classic Builder, drag and drop the Custom HTML widget from the left-hand side of the editor to the place on your page where you would like to add the Facebook buttons. A new dialog box will appear.
- Paste in the Custom HTML code to the Embed Custom HTML Code dialog box.
- Click the Save Code button at the bottom right-hand corner of the dialog box.
- Save and Publish/Republish your page.
All set! Your page is ready for all sorts of Facebook liking and sharing.