Unpublishing an AMP Page
If you decide to unpublish your AMP page, you’ll have to go through some steps to ensure that your AMP page will be removed from google and will no longer be accessed from AMP approved platforms when someone navigates to your canonical page.
Unpublish Your AMP Page
- Navigate to the page overview for your AMP page.
- Click the Unpublish button.
Now that your AMP page is unpublished, let’s remove the link from your canonical page.
Remove Your AMP Page Link on Your Unbounce Canonical Page
- Navigate to the page overview of your AMP page’s canonical page. Click the Edit button to enter the builder.
- Select the AMP script from the drop-down menu. A new dialog box will appear.
- Click the garbage can beside the name of your script on the left side of the dialog box. This will cause your AMP link script to disappear. Click the Save Code button in the bottom right of the page.
- Save and Republish your landing page.
Unpublishing your AMP page will remove that page from Unbounce’s servers, but not from the AMP cache. Removal from the AMP cache is a feature that is not yet implemented for open beta. This means that if you visit your unpublished AMP page by directly going to your AMP link, it will still be visible. However, as you have already unlinked the AMP page from your canonical page, no users will be able to visit your AMP page without the direct link. If you would like to remove the page from the AMP cache, please see Google’s documentation on AMP cache removal.