This article describes how to install your Unbounce Popup or Sticky Bar on your WordPress domain.
To install your Popup or Sticky Bar on certain pages only, see steps on how to install your embed code on single pages or posts in WordPress.
What you'll need
- Administrator-level user role permissions for your Wordpress site.
Installing your Embed Code to WordPress (Entire Domain)
In your Unbounce Account:
- In the Unbounce app, navigate to the Popup/Sticky bar page that you’d like to install.
- Scroll down the page to the Installation panel.
- Click the Copy button to copy the embed code.
In your Wordpress Account:
- Log on to your Wordpress Admin and click on Appearance on the left side menu.
- Select Editor from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down the Theme Files menu on the right-hand side of the screen. Select Theme Header (header.php).
- Paste your Popup/Sticky Bar embed code within the script, anywhere between the <head> and </head> tags.
- Click the blue Update File button at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen to save your changes.
You’re done! Navigate to your WordPress domain to check out your new live Popup/Sticky Bar.
If you plan to update the header.php file in the future, you may overwrite the Popup/Sticky Bar embed code. Always double-check the presence of your embed code after making changes to the header.php file.