Installing your Popup/Sticky Bar in WordPress (Single Page or Post)
Note:Only one embed code from each client can be added to a page at a time. If more than one embed code is added to a page, only the first one to load will fire.
Note:It is not currently possible to launch Popups and lightboxes from Sticky Bars.
These steps will work for both Wordpress blog posts and general Wordpress pages.
This article will help you install your Unbounce popup or sticky bar on your WordPress blog posts or single pages. Instructions on installing your Popup/Sticky Bars on Unbounce pages with Wordpress domains can be found here.
- In the Unbounce builder, navigate to the Popup/Sticky bar page that you’d like to install. Scroll down the page to the Installation panel. Click the Copy button to copy the embed code.
- Log in to your Wordpress account. From the Dashboard, select Posts from the left side menu. A new screen will appear.
- Click on the title of the blog post where you’d like your Popup or Sticky Bar to appear.
- Click on the Text tab to switch your edit view to code.
- Paste the Embed code for your popup/sticky bar at the top of your post, before the content of the post begins.
- Confirm that the path on your WordPress account matches the URL target that you set up for your Popup or Sticky Bar location in Unbounce. For instructions on where to check this in Unbounce, see our documentation on setting URL targeting for your popup/sticky bar. These two values should match exactly:
- Your permalink field in your WordPress post.
- Your URL Targeting field in your Unbounce popup/sticky bar overview page.