This article describes how to install your Unbounce Popup or Sticky Bar on your WordPress blog posts or single pages, and across all pages connected to a domain.
These steps will work for both Wordpress blog posts and general Wordpress pages.
Installing your Popup/Sticky Bar on a Single WordPress Page or Post
- In the Unbounce builder, navigate to the Popup/Sticky bar page that you’d like to install. Scroll down the page to the Installation panel. Click the Copy button to copy the embed code.
- Log in to your Wordpress account. From the Dashboard, select Posts from the left side menu. A new screen will appear.
- Click on the blog post title where you’d like your Popup or Sticky Bar to appear.
- Click on the Text tab to switch your edit view to code.
- Paste the embed code for your popup/sticky bar at the top of your post, before the post's content begins.
- Confirm that the URL on your WordPress account matches the URL target set up for your Popup or Sticky Bar in Unbounce. These two URLs should match exactly:
- Your permalink field in your WordPress post.
- Your URL Targeting field in your Unbounce popup/sticky bar overview page.
Note:Only one embed code from each client can be added to a page at a time. If more than one embed code is added to a page, only the first one to load will fire.
Installing your Popup/Sticky Bar Across your WordPress domain
To install the Unbounce embed code, you will need Administrator-level user role permissions for your Wordpress site.
In your Unbounce Account:
- In the Unbounce app, navigate to the Popup/Sticky bar page that you’d like to install.
- Scroll down the page to the Installation panel.
- Click the Copy button to copy the embed code.
In your Wordpress Account:
- Log on to your Wordpress Admin and click on Appearance on the left side menu.
- Select Editor from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down the Theme Files menu on the right-hand side of the screen. Select Theme Header (header.php).
- Paste your Popup/Sticky Bar embed code within the script, anywhere between the <head> and </head> tags.
- Click the blue Update File button at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen to save your changes.
You’re done! Navigate to your WordPress domain to check out your new live Popup/Sticky Bar.
If you plan to update the header.php file in the future, you may overwrite the Popup/Sticky Bar embed code. Always double-check the presence of your embed code after making changes to the header.php file.