Login Issues aka Help! My Password Isn't Working!
Sometimes you just have one of those days where try as you might, you can’t log in to the program or website that you want to access. It happens to the best of us! Before you decide to reset your Unbounce password, Keep Calm and troubleshoot these common password typing errors:
- Is your caps lock on?
- Are you using the right email address?
- Is your email address spelled correctly?
The most common password typing errors are usually related to these factors:
- Flipping the upper and lower case letters.
- Adding an extra character to the beginning or the end of your password.
- Do you have a symbol at the end of your password? You might have missed hitting the shift key.
Still can’t get your password to work? No Problem! You can reset that password in a jiffy.
Resetting Your Password
Passwords are tricky. If you forget yours, follow these steps to reset your password:
- From the Login page, click Forgot Password?.
- Enter the email address associated with your Unbounce account and click the Send Reset Instructions button. If you can't remember the email address associated with your Unbounce account, contact our fabulous Support team and they'll be able to investigate for you.
- Check your inbox for an email entitled "Reset Your Unbounce Password", and click the Choose a New Password button within the email.
Note:The Choose a New Password button link will not expire, but please note that each button link is only valid for one password reset (so once you reset your password, the button link will expire.) If you request a new password reset without having used the first one, the first button link will expire and only the most recently requested button link will remain valid.
- Enter and confirm your new password, and click "Change my password". See our Strengthening Your Password article for details on your account password strength requirements.
- You're done and login ready!
Strengthening Your Password
When you choose your Unbounce account password for the first time, or update your password from within the Builder, our password strength meter will grade your password as you type it in.
There are five possible password strength levels, and your password needs to rank at least a Level Three/Yellow ("Less risky, we'll take it") on the password strength meter to be accepted by our system.
How to Strengthen Your Password:
- Increase the length. The best passwords are a minimum of 12 characters.
- Use a mixture of numbers, symbols, upper, and lower case letters.
- Use unique words, and try not to use things from your life like family members’ names, birthdays, or anniversaries.
- Make sure not to use part of your name, email, or mailing address.
- Don’t reuse a password that you’ve used for other websites.