This article will provide steps on how to update the ownership of an Unbounce account.
Updating the Account Owner
If you're the account owner, follow these steps to switch account ownership by changing the email address in the Unbounce account.
- Log in to the Unbounce Conversion Intelligence™ Platform.
- Click Your Avatar (circle-shaped icon) in the top right corner.
- Select Account Management from the dropdown menu.
- Under the Manage Log-Ins section of the Sign-in and Security page, click Edit Email.
- Provide the email address of the new account owner, then press Save.
- If you run into errors at this step, it may be because the user already has an Unbounce account. See the next section to learn more.
- One saved, this new email log-in will now be the account owner. They may need to set up a password reset to access the account.
Updating the Account Ownership of a user with an Existing Account
If you're hoping to add someone else as the new account owner, but, that user already has an Unbounce account - or has been invited as a user into Unbounce with that same email address - they cannot be added as an Account Owner and keep their account in Unbounce with the same email.
To remedy this, please ask the user (i.e., the soon-to-be Account Owner) to change the email address within their Unbounce account to a personal/different email - any email you have access to will do.
This will free up their email to be added as the new Account Owner of your account, and you may proceed with the above steps.
We understand that this workaround required much effort; if you run into any issues or have any questions, please contact Unbounce Support.
Changing the Account Owner of an Account You No Longer Have Access To
If you want to change account ownership for an account you do not have log-in access to, please contact Support by clicking on the Support button in the top right corner of the Unbounce Conversion Intelligence™ Platform.
We cannot divulge any account information without confirming some account details with you. Please have the following information ready before contacting support:
- The last 4 digits of the credit card uses for the account payments.
- The billing address for the credit card on account.
- The total count of both published and unpublished pages.
- The type of subscription plan you're currently using.