When your campaign has ended, and you no longer need that old landing page that went along with it, you can redirect traffic from your published landing page to any other URL, directly from the Page Overview screen.
This will help you avoid awkward 404 errors and save you time to work on more important things, while also avoiding losing existing traffic or dropping in the search engine rankings.
Setup your Redirect
Follow these steps to set up your page redirect:
- Log into the Unbounce Conversion Intelligence™ Platform. Click the landing page you wish to set up with a redirect.
- From the Page Overview, click the Add Redirect button on the right-hand side:
- A page must already be published in order to apply the redirect.
- A new window will appear with redirect options.
- Within the Redirect all traffic to field, enter the URL to which you would like this landing page to redirect.
- Under HTTP status code, select the type of redirect to setup:
A 301 Redirect is a permanent redirect that caches in the visitor's browser the first time they land on the page and cannot be undone. Choose this option if you intend to leave the redirect in place indefinitely.
A 302 Redirect is a temporary redirect that does not cache in the visitor's browser. Choose this option if you intend to remove the redirect at some point.
- Click Apply Redirect.
- Within the next window, click Apply Redirect button, and you're done!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do redirected pages count towards the total number of published pages?
Rest assured, redirected pages do not count towards the total number of published pages you're allocated.
What other options do I have to set up a redirect?