When your campaign has ended, and you no longer need that old landing page that went along with it, you can redirect traffic from your published landing page to any other URL, directly from the Page Overview screen.
This will help you avoid awkward 404 errors and save you time to work on more important things, while also avoiding losing existing traffic or dropping in the search engine rankings.
What you will need:
- A Launch to Concierge subscription plan, or a legacy Premium Plan (if you're on an Essential or 2012 plan, you will need to upgrade to access this feature).
Setup your Redirect
Follow these steps to set up your page redirect:
- From the Page Overview, select the published page you would like to enable with a redirect.
A page must already be published in order to apply the redirect.
- Click the Add Redirect button towards the right-hand side:
- A new window will appear with redirect options.
- Within the Redirect all traffic to field, enter the URL to which you would like this landing page to redirect.
- Under HTTP status code, select the type of redirect to setup:
A 301 Redirect is a permanent redirect that caches in the visitor's browser the first time they land on the page and cannot be undone. Choose this option if you intend to leave the redirect in place indefinitely.
A 302 Redirect is a temporary redirect that does not cache in the visitor's browser. Choose this option if you intend to remove the redirect at some point.
- Click Apply Redirect.
- Within the next window, click Apply Redirect button, and you're done!
Frequently Asked Questions
The redirect option is not available within the Page Overview; what should I do?
Do note that redirects are only available on all current pricing plans (Launch to Concierge), and our legacy Premium Plans. To access this feature, you will need to upgrade your subscription. Please take a look at our varying Pricing Plans to see which plan is right for you.
To change subscription in-app, or reach out to our Support team for assistance, follow these steps: Upgrading my Subscription.
Do redirected pages count towards the total number of published pages?
Rest assured, redirected pages do not count towards the total number of published pages you're allocated.
What other options do I have to set up a redirect?