Resetting Your Password
Passwords are tricky. If you forget yours, follow these steps to reset your password:
- From the Log In page, click "Forgot Password?".
- Enter the email address associated with your Unbounce account and click "Send reset instructions". If you can't remember the email address associated with your Unbounce account, contact our fabulous Support team and they'll be able to investigate for you.
- Check your inbox for an email entitled "Reset your Unbounce password", and click the "Choose a new password" button within the email.
The "Choose a new password" button link will not expire, but please note that each button link is only valid for one password reset (so once you reset your password, the button link will expire.) If you request a new password reset without having used the first one, the first button link will expire and only the most recently requested button link will remain valid.
- Enter and confirm your new password, and click "Change my password". See "Strengthening Your Password" for details on your account password strength requirements.
- You're done!
Strengthening Your Password
When you choose your Unbounce account password for the first time, or update your password from within the Builder, our password strength meter will grade your password as you type it in.
There are five possible password strength levels, and your password needs to rank at least a Level Three/Yellow ("Less risky, we'll take it") on the password strength meter to be accepted by our system.
How to Strengthen Your Password:
- Increase the length.
- Add numbers, symbols, or upper and lower case letters.
- Use unique words.
- Make sure not to use part of your name, email, or mailing address.
Working With Two-Factor Authentication
This feature is available for all Enterprise and up plans.
When it comes to your online security, you can never be too careful.
Two-Factor Authentication (also known as 2FA) adds an extra layer of protection to your Unbounce account by requiring extra verification via a third-party authentication app on your smartphone.
Why do we use an authentication app instead of SMS? Simply because it's more secure (as phone numbers can be spoofed).
Here's how you can enable Two-Factor Authentication on your Unbounce account:
- Click your name in the top right corner of the Unbounce Builder and select "Manage Account".
- Click "Sign In & Security" from the menu on the left.
- Click the "Set up Two Factor Authentication" button under the "Manage Authentications" section at the bottom.
- Follow steps one, two, and three in the "Two Factor Authentication Set Up" window:
1. Download your preferred authenticator app to your phone (any will work). If you don't have a preferred app, we recommend using Google Authenticator.
2. Use your app to take a photo of the QR code.
3. Enter the 6-digit code provided by your app and then click the "Verify Code" button.
- Check that the "Set up Two Factor Authentication" button has been replaced with a "Revoke Access" button to confirm that the setup has been successful.
- The next time you log out and log back in to your Unbounce account, you'll be prompted to enter the authentication code provided by your authenticator app.
If you select the “Remember this browser for 14 days” option while logging in to your Unbounce account, two-factor authentication will also be bypassed for the computer you’re presently using for the next 14 days (but not when you log in from other computers).