Getting Consent From Users When Gathering Information In a Form
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires anyone gathering information from EU citizens to explicitly obtain consent from those users before doing so. This article will help you set up your forms to comply with the consent portion of the GDPR.
Step 1: Add a Checkbox To Your Form
- From the Builder, double click on your form to open the Form Builder.
- Select the "Checkboxes" button on the left side of the window to create a new Checkbox field.
- By default the created field has 3 choices. Select the red minus symbol next to Choice 2 and Choice 3 to leave a single checkbox option.
- If you would like to make this a required field, select the "Required Field" option in the right side of the window.
- Select the "Hide Label" option in the right side of the window.
Step 2: Fill In The Field With Relevant Consent Information
- Change the Field Label box to read 'consent' or another name of your choice
- Change the Choice 1 box to contain consent information of your choice.
Note:We are unable to provide advice or sample text for your consent checkbox. Each campaign is different, so we encourage you to read up on the GDPR and inform yourself on how to best be compliant during your campaigns. In general, we recommend being as specific as possible with regard to how you will be using the data that is collected.
With these steps completed, users can freely offer informed consent to your use of their data.
For more information on creating GDPR compliant content, please refer to How To Make Your Unbounce Landing Page GDPR Compliant on the Unbounce Blog.