Did you know you can boost your marketing confidence by enabling Smart Traffic mode on your account? Find out more by reading our Getting Started with Smart Traffic documentation.
Editing a Specific Variant
You may want to view only a specific variant to test out the changes you've made. To access your page variant, follow these steps:
- Select your page to open the Page Overview.
- Scroll down to the A/B Test Centre, and click on the "Edit" button.
- Once you're finished editing your variant, publish your page by selecting the "Publish" button on the top right corner of the Builder.
Viewing a Specific Variant
You may want to view only a specific variant to test out the changes you've made. Once you've published your page, you can use the variant-specific URL.
The variant specific URL follows the format:
[the URL of the page] + [variant letter] + .html
For example, if your landing page was on the URL http://unbouncepages.com/my-landing-page, then the variant-specific URL for Variant A would be:
Traffic should never be directed to a variant-specific URL, as statistics like visitors, views, and conversions will not be tracked.
Are you still seeing your variant by using the direct, variant-specific URL after deleting or deactivating? The variant will continue to be active until the cache is cleared, but will ONLY be available by using the specific URL.
Remember, you should never direct traffic to your variant-specific URL! Let Unbounce handle the traffic direction for you.
Deactivating and Deleting a Specific Variant
To deactivate a specific variant:
- Navigate to the Page Overview of the landing page you'd like to edit.
- Click the ellipses icon of the challenger variant, and then select "Deactivate this variant" in the dropdown menu.
- If you'd like to deactivate your current champion variant, you must first promote another challenger variant to the champion first. Promote a variant by selecting the gear icon, then selecting "Promote to Champion" in the dropdown menu.
You must first deactivate a variant before you delete it. To delete a deactivated variant:
- Click the ellipses icon in the deactivated variant.
- Select "Delete this variant" from the dropdown menu.