Great news! If you’re an Unbounce customer on a paid plan, you can publish landing pages to your WordPress domain through our WordPress Plugin, without the complexity of DNS record and CNAME setup. Additionally, if you’re an Agency user, you can hit the ground running and onboard WordPress clients and authors seamlessly.
What you will need:
- Self-hosted WordPress site
- Supported version of WordPress (4.1.5+), installed at either the root or subdomain.
- Tested up to 4.7.5
- Access to your site admin.
- PHP version 5.6 or higher.
- PHP cURL enabled version 7.34.0 or higher.
- OpenSSL version 1.0.1 or higher.
- TLS 1.2 or higher
This article will help you out with:
- Adding a WordPress Domain to your Unbounce account.
- Adding the Unbounce Plugin to your WordPress account.
- Publishing Pages to your WordPress Domain.
Adding a WordPress Domain to your Unbounce Account
WordPress must be installed on your root domain (such as www.myawesomecompany.com) or subdomain (such as promo.myawesomecompany.com). WordPress sites installed on a path (such as www.myawesomecompany.com/new) are not currently supported. If your WordPress site is installed on a path, such aswww.myawesomecompany.com/new, lead tracking, conversion counters, and form submission will not work.
Adding a WordPress Domain to Your Unbounce Account:
- Log into your Unbounce account.
- Click “Add a Domain” under the Client Account you’d like to use. Please note there is no charge for adding a WordPress Domain.
- Select “Add a WordPress Domain”.
- Enter in your WordPress Address (URL).
- Click the green “Add a WordPress Domain” button in the bottom right to complete the addition.
Adding the Unbounce Plugin to Your WordPress Account
- Log in to your WordPress account.
- Navigate to the "Installed Plugins" section of your account.
- Find the Unbounce WordPress Plugin and follow the on-screen instructions to install and activate.
- From your WordPress menu, authorize the Unbounce Plugin by selecting the "Unbounce Pages" plugin from your WordPress menu, and select the “Authorize” button.
- On your Installed Plugins screen, your list of Unbounce pages published to WordPress will appear. If no pages appear, return to Unbounce Page Management and publish your pages to your WordPress domain from inside Unbounce.
Publishing Pages to your WordPress Domain
- To publish a page to your WordPress domain, use the Change URL button in the Unbounce Page Overview.
Publishing over pre-existing content
When you publish a page to a WordPress Domain and URL, that page will be served over top of any existing page that may be hosted on your WordPress site. Don’t worry, your pre-existing content won’t be deleted, but visitors to the URL will see the Unbounce content you’ve published there.
Security and SSL
Please note that Unbounce cannot provision SSL certificates for WordPress domains that are not SSL secured. To publish SSL secured landing pages to a WordPress domain, make sure that you have purchased an SSL certificate for the WordPress domain.
Troubleshooting WordPress Plugin Technical Issues
Check out Troubleshooting WordPress Plugin Technical Issues for help with:
- Identifying common WordPress Plugin issues and diagnosing their potential causes.
- Providing our support team with the plugin diagnostics they'll need to diagnose potential causes for uncommon WordPress Plugin issues.