So you want to see a heat map of your Unbounce Landing Page!? Well, Crazy Egg’s got exactly what you need! Just follow the instructions below to get started tracking exactly what people do on your landing page.
Manually Installing Crazy Egg Into Your Unbounce Landing Page
For steps on accessing your Crazy Egg install script, see Crazy Egg's documentation: Installing Crazy Egg
- Sign in to your Crazy Egg account, find the blue menu on the left-hand side of your dashboard, and click on ‘Install Crazy Egg’.
- Select the manual set up ‘I can install the tracking script myself’.
- Copy the script to your clipboard.
- Log into your Unbounce account.
- In your Account Overview, navigate to the page you with to integrate with Crazy Egg. Open the page in the Classic Builder.
- Insert your Crazy Egg embed code.
- Set the placement to Before Body End Tag.
- Save and Publish your changes.
- Repeat steps 5 through 8 for each variant. Please make sure that each variant you want to test has a Weight of 1% or more.
Crazy Egg will only start collecting information after someone visits the associated page variant. If you're having trouble setting this up with multiple variants, please contact our support team.
Creating Your First Crazy Egg Snapshot
An understanding of how your landing page engages and converts visitors is vital to your business’s success. Crazy Egg snapshots enable you to track and measure the various interactions that your visitors have with your page. Snapshots provide you with a clear view into how people interact with your content, respond to your marketing, experience your product or service, and identify opportunities for improvement.
For steps on creating your Crazy Egg Snapshot, see Crazy Egg's documentation: How to Create Your First Snapshot
Be sure to input your Unbounce page URL during the setup process.
That's it, you're all set! Once you have a new visitor to your landing page, Crazy Egg will start tracking all your visitor's actions and generate a heat map for you to analyze.
Troubleshooting Crazy Egg
Since Crazy Egg is a separate service to Unbounce, the Crazy Egg support team is best equipped to answer any questions about this integration and setup.
If you run into any trouble with your heat map, outside of Unbounce, please get in touch with Crazy Egg's Support Team or check out some of Crazy Egg's documentation.