Main Features of the Page Builder
In the Unbounce Builder you'll see your content in progress in the main window, the Widget panel on the left, the Toolbar at the top, and the Properties pane on the right. At any time in the Builder you can click an object once to bring up its properties on the right of the interface, or double-click to edit it further.
Save: You can save your work at any time but make sure to save prior to exiting the Builder otherwise your changes will be lost.
Version Control: Restore back to an older version of your content by clicking “Last saved…” right beside the “Save” button.
Preview: This will open in a new window and not all third party elements (outside Unbounce) will display properly in Preview (e.g., external links will not load in Preview).
Undo & Redo: You can click Undo or Redo even after saving — just make sure you save again once you've made changes. If you revert back to an older version of your content using the Version Control feature, Undo & Redo will be reset for that session.
Move Up / Move Down: Move Page Sections up or down within your content.
Bring Forward / Send Backward: Move objects forward and backward relative to surrounding objects.
Duplicate: Select (single-click) an object and click Duplicate.
Delete: Select (single-click) an object and click Delete.
Copy and Paste: This feature enables you to copy and paste elements between content in your account. Yes, that means you can copy and paste an element from one page or Convertable to another! Easy peasy. Below are some important notes about using this feature:
Copying page elements:
- You can select an element to copy either by clicking the Copy icon, or by using the CTRL+C command on your keyboard.
- You can multi-select elements by holding the “Shift” key and selecting items to be copied. The more the merrier!
Pasting page elements:
- The copied item can be pasted either by clicking the Paste icon, or by using the CTRL+P command on your keyboard.
- If you’d like to reproduce elements between different accounts/clients, your best bet is to do one of the following:
1. Open the Unbounce Builder twice, in two tabs within the same browser window. Log in to each account in its respective tab, and copy the Builder element you wish to duplicate from one tab to the other.
2. Download the page from one account and upload it to the new account. Note that this method is not available for Convertables.
To add any element to your content just drag it from the Widget panel (found to the left of the Unbounce Builder) onto your page.
Group elements to move together
To select multiple objects, simply hold down the Shift key and click on each object you want to select. You should see a selection box surround the objects and you can then move them as one group.
Group page elements to duplicate
While you cannot yet duplicate a selection of multiple objects, you can achieve the same functionality by adding a box element to your content and dragging the objects you wish to duplicate into this box. These other elements (text, image, buttons, etc.) will become children of the box, which means if you duplicate the box, all of its contained elements will be duplicated as well.
If you have objects you'd like to hide in either mobile or desktop view, click the object, then click the Visibility icon in the Properties tab.
You can also control visibility by clicking Contents on the lower left of the Page Builder.
When you select objects within the Builder, the Contents panel will automatically highlight and scroll to that object. You'll see an eye when the element is visible or a solid circle if it's not. Click to toggle between the two.
NOTE: If you opt to hide a box or section with objects nested within, all nested items will be hidden.
Moving elements between sections and unparenting nested elements
By default, if any element is moved between sections, it will be moved in both views. To move elements outside of a section without changing both views, hold down the Command key (Mac) or Control key (Windows) while you drag an element. You'll see a reminder of this anytime you move an element from one section to another without holding down Command or Control.
If multiple elements are nested in a box, moving those elements in one view, will also move all elements in the other view. You can also use Command/Control+click to unparent an item in one view and move it independently of the other view.
Remember that you can also Shift+Click to move more than one element at a time.
You'll see a warning if any of your objects are out of the bounds on your content. Just move the object within your page boundaries, or hide it, to remove the warning. You can also disable out-of-bounds warnings using the checkbox on the upper right of the Builder.
Working with your Form Confirmation Dialog
- Click "Form Confirmation Dialog" from inside the Builder.
- Write, edit, and style your form confirmation dialog content however you'd like!
Copying Pages Between Clients
Want to copy your landing page between different clients in your account? No problem!
What You Will Need:
- Author/Administrator/Owner access on both clients.
If you're not sure what kind of access you have, you can quickly verify this by clicking "Pages" to go to your All Pages screen and selecting the cog to the right of any page. If you see the "Edit Champion Variant" option, you have Author, Administrator, or Owner access and will have no problem copying pages between clients.
If you don't have Author/Administrator/Owner access on both clients and need to copy a landing page to another client, you can work around this by downloading your landing page and uploading the .unbounce file back to Unbounce within the new client. Check out Downloading a Page for more details on how to do this.
- Click "Pages", open the cog menu next to the page you'd like to move, and choose "Copy to a Client".Alternatively, you can click the checkbox next to the page you'd like to move, select the "Action" drop-down menu, and choose "Copy Pages to a Client".
- Choose the Client to which you'd like the page copied and click "Copy Page to Client".
In a few moments, you'll see a copy of the original page appear in the new client's page list.
The new copy will not include the stats and leads from the original page and will be unpublished.
Copying Convertables Between Clients
Want to copy your Convertable between different clients in your account? We've got you covered!
What You Will Need:
- Author/Administrator/Owner access on both clients.
If you're not sure what kind of access you have, you can quickly verify this by clicking "Convertables" to go to your All Convertables screen and selecting the cog to the right of any Convertable.
If you see the "Edit Design" option, you have Author, Administrator, or Owner access and will have no problem copying Convertables between clients.
If you don't have Author/Administrator/Owner access on both clients and need to copy a Convertable to another client, you'll need to ask someone with owner, administrator, or author access within both clients to follow the steps outlined in "Modifying a User" within the Users section to upgrade your user status.
- First, click "Convertables", open the cog menu next to the Convertable you'd like to move, and choose "Copy to Client".
- Choose the Client to which you'd like the page copied and click "Copy".
In a few moments, you'll see a copy of the original Convertable appear in the new client's Convertable list.
The new copy will have a new label in Google Analytics, will have a new embed code, will not include the stats and leads from the original page, and will be unpublished.
The Contents pane is a tree structure that shows the hierarchical layout of your content in terms of the elements on the page or Convertable - you'll see all the objects in your content nested within sections and boxes.
To access your Contents pane click the small arrow at the far left, or the Contents button at the bottom of the Unbounce Builder.
Click an item in the Contents to select it within your content. You can rename objects by double-clicking them.
Click the arrow on the right of the Contents section to close the pane.
Republish From Within the Builder
If you are editing content that has already been published, saving your changes will activate the re-publish button, so that you don't have to leave the Builder to republish your page (note: republishing from the Builder is not available for Convertables).
Keep in mind that re-publishing from inside the Builder will also republish your page variants.
If you are editing content that has never been published, you'll need to do so from the Overview so that you can set the URL, integrations and page traffic weight (if you are running an A/B test).
Working With Audit Logs
This feature is available for all Enterprise and up plans.
Have you ever found yourself wondering when a certain landing page/Convertable was published or deleted in your account, and who did it? You won't need Sherlock Holmes to crack this case: Audit Logs has got your back.
The Audit Logs feature is a detailed activity feed that keeps track of the following user actions (including when they happened, which user performed them, and on which client they were applied):
- Creating, Modifying, Renaming, Saving, Publishing, Unpublishing, Deleting, or Copying a Page/Convertable.
- Sending, Accepting, or Declining a User Invite.
Follow these steps to view, customize, and export your audit logs:
- Click your name/profile picture on the top right of the Unbounce Builder and select "Manage Account".
- From the "Account Overview" menu on the left sidebar, click "Audit Log".
- Check out your Audit Log: User actions will appear chronologically in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) by default.
- You can click the Start Date/End Date boxes to only display user actions that fall within a certain a date range.
- You can select a client from the "Filter By:" drop-down menu to only display user actions applied to a certain client.
- Click the "Export .csv" button to export your audit logs to a .csv file, displayed with your selected date range and client filter, if applicable.
- You're done!
Supported Browsers for Building/Viewing Your Content
Note that the Unbounce Builder doesn't work in Safari when Private Browsing mode is turned on.
Full Support Browsers
What does "Full Support" mean? Basically, this means that all product features should function fully and correctly. If something is glitchy and you're using a Full Support browser, get in touch with our delightful Support team so they can investigate and address your issue!
When a specific browser version is not mentioned for a Full Support browser, it is implied that the browser's current version and most recent previous version are fully supported.
What does "Unsupported" mean? It means that while you can use these browsers at your own discretion, we can't guarantee that all product features will function fully and/or correctly, and you may run into issues that even the Unbounce Support team superheroes can't fix due to browser limitations.
Generating a Traffic Usage Report
This feature is available for all Pro and 2017 plans.
The Traffic Usage Report feature allows you to quickly and easily get an idea of how much traffic each of your clients are generating in the form of one slick, ready-to-go report you can send to clients or stakeholders.
- Log in to Unbounce.
- Click Get Traffic Usage Report.
- Select the "Choose a Date Range:" drop-down menu to designate your desired date range.
- Click "Last 30 Days", "Last 60 Days", or "Last 90 Days" to select a pre-defined date range.
- Select "Custom Date Range" and type or select your desired date range to enter a specific date range other than 30, 60, or 90 days.
- Verify the email address to which you would like your traffic usage report to be sent and update it if necessary.
- Select "Email Traffic Reports CSV" to send your report directly to your email address.
- Success! You will have a traffic usage report, similar to the one shown below, in your email inbox in no time.
Unbounce Builder: The area inside the Unbounce app where you create and edit your landing page or Convertable
Toolbar: Found at the top of the Unbounce Builder. It's where you can save and preview, amongst other things.
Widget Panel: Found to the left of the Builder. You can find all the elements that you can drag to your content in the Widget Panel.
Properties Panel: Found to the right of the Builder. You can find Page/Convertable Properties here, as well as properties of individual elements. This is also the area where you go to optimize your content for SEO.