There are many reasons to add a little video lovin' to your landing page. A study by eyeviewdigital.com shows that using video on landing pages can increase conversion by 80%. Videos are valuable because they increase the length of time people stay on your page, giving your brand message longer to sink in. On top of that, if you feature yourself or company employees in the video, trust factor is raised significantly. And let's not forget, on the internet people are lazy and much prefer watching to reading.
This article will help you out with:
- Embedding video onto your Unbounce landing page
To add a video to your landing page you'll need to host your video using a 3rd-party video player. The video player should provide you with an <iframe> code that you'll use to complete this 3 step process.
To embed video on your landing page:
- Drag and drop the Embed Video Widget from the panel on the left
- Paste the embed code from your video provider
- Click Done
Note: Remember not use Flash if you want your video to be widely viewable on mobile.
Note: An embedded video cannot be set to full screen in Preview mode.
Note: When embedding a Wistia video, ensure your Embed Type is "Fallback":
Your Wistia embed code will look something like this:
<iframe src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/avk9twrrbn" allowtransparency="true"
frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed"
allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen
msallowfullscreen width="620" height="349"></iframe>
<script src="//fast.wistia.net/assets/external/E-v1.js" async></script>
Use only the code within the <iframe> tags. So remove any code within <script> tags, and you'll be all set!
Select (single click) the video to bring up its Properties Pane on the right:
Manually change the size and position of your video.
Click "Edit Code" to adjust the code you inputted.
Adding Video Backgrounds
You can easily create a video background for your landing page from a Wistia, Vimeo, or YouTube video link by following these steps:
- Select the page section to which you want to add a video background.
- In the Properties panel on the right side of the Builder, click the "Style" drop-down menu in the "Background" section and select "Video".
- Paste your video URL in the "Video URL" field and press "Enter".
- To check out what your video background will look like, click "Save Changes" and "Preview".
- Back in the Builder, click "Publish"/"Republish" to publish your page.
- You're done!
Video attention span rate: generally speaking, viewer engagement will be higher for shorter videos. A 1 minute video, for instance, will have a significantly higher success rate (50% higher) than a two minute video. However, this also varies if the comparison is between a 5minute and a 10minute video, where the difference in engagement levels out a bit more. Check out Wistia's resources below for more information about video length.