Clients allows you to separately manage your clients and projects in Unbounce. A Client is essentially a folder where your pages, users, and domains are kept separate from your other clients. When you invite Users, you specify which Client they can access which keeps your other Clients and landing pages private.
As you can see below, this user has access to four different Clients: Pura-vida, Gastown Realty, Orca Tours, and Happy Bungee.
In order to organize clients and users in your Unbounce, you will require a Premium or up account. To add and manage your clients navigate to your Manage Account page by accessing the dropdown menu when you click your name in the top right of the Unbounce interface.
Click the Manage Add-Ons tab on the left - here you'll find a list of your Clients and a quick overview of their details including Users, Pages, and Custom Domains.
To add a new Client click the green button in the upper right. You can also delete a Client using the Delete button, and archive or edit it (including the name) from the gear dropdown.
To exit the Manage Account page, use the context switcher on the top left of the window and click "Clients" and then navigate back to your chosen Client.
There are three types of Unbounce users:
- Viewers can view published and unpublished pages/Convertables but cannot make any changes. This is a great option for allowing users to preview your pages.
- Authors can do everything Viewers can do, plus they can edit and manage pages/Convertables.
- Owners/Administrators can do everything Authors can do, plus they can edit and manage users, domains, and billing information.
Adding a New User to a Client
Follow these steps to add a new user to a client (note that only owners and administrators can do this):
- Select the "Users" tab on the left side of the Builder and click the "Add a User" button.
- Enter the email address for your new user, select a role ("Admin", "Author", or "Viewer"), and click "Add User".
- Your new user will receive an email inviting them to join your client, and invitations will show under the "Pending Invitations" tab until they've been accepted or declined, at which time their email will show under "Active Users" or "Declined Invitations".
- Click the Gear menu on the right to re-send or cancel an invitation.
Modifying a User
Follow these steps to modify a user's status within a client (note that only owners and administrators can do this):
- Select the "Users" tab on the left side of the Builder to view your Active Users.
- Select the cog to the right of the user's name and "Change Role".
- Select the role you wish your user to have and click "Change Role".
- You're done! The role change will be in effect immediately.
Editing, Archiving or Deleting Clients
- Log in to Unbounce.
- Click the Client arrow in the top left of the Unbounce window.
- Click Manage above the account whose Clients you'd like to manage.
- Click Manage Add-Ons.
- Click the Client(s).
- Access the Cog Menu () next to the appropriate Client.
- Select the option (Edit or Archive)
Generating a Traffic Usage Report
This feature is available for all Pro and 2017 plans.
The Traffic Usage Report feature allows you to quickly and easily get an idea of how much traffic each of your clients are generating in the form of one slick, ready-to-go report you can send to clients or stakeholders.
- Log in to Unbounce.
- Click Get Traffic Usage Report.
- Select the "Choose a Date Range:" drop-down menu to designate your desired date range.
- Click "Last 30 Days", "Last 60 Days", or "Last 90 Days" to select a pre-defined date range.
- Select "Custom Date Range" and type or select your desired date range to enter a specific date range other than 30, 60, or 90 days (90 days is the maximum date range).
- Verify the email address to which you would like your traffic usage report to be sent and update it if necessary.
- Select "Email Traffic Reports CSV" to send your report directly to your email address.
- Success! You will have a traffic usage report, similar to the one shown below, in your email inbox in no time.
Admin: has access to all clients and billing information in a particular account including adding and removing Users and Custom Domains.
Author: has access to the pages and settings of the Client you're working in, but not Users, Domains, or billing information.
Viewer: can view all published and unpublished pages including stats, but cant make any changes.