Use the guide below as a checklist on how to create your first landing page. This page will be your guide through using our documentation to help you make the best landing page for your campaign.
Looking for a little beginner boost? Join our Master Unbounce seminar and get a walk through on all the Unbounce landing page essentials!
What is a Landing Page?
A landing page is a “standalone” page used for marketing--it’s where a visitor ‘lands’ when they click one of the ads for your campaign.
Landing pages don’t link to your homepage and are designed with a single objective known as a ‘call to action’.
There are 2 different types of landing pages:
- Lead Generation pages use a web form for data collection purposes.
- Click through pages use a single button to facilitate transactions.
Take a look at Unbounce’s landing page introduction to find out more about landing pages and why they’re great for your campaign.
Create Your Landing Page
Ready to begin your landing page? Follow along with the steps below to get started:
- You may want to familiarize yourself with the different tools and features of Unbounce: The Unbounce App Anatomy
- Let’s get started and jump into the Unbounce builder to create your first page: Creating Your First Page
- Now that you’ve created your first page, you’ll want to learn a little more about what you can do within the Unbounce Builder: Main Features of the Page Builder
- Are you creating a page from a blank template, or want to add more to an existing template? The first thing you’ll want to add is a page section: Adding and Editing Page Sections
- Now you can add all the other elements to your page to make it the perfect landing page for your campaign:
- Adding and Editing Text
- Adding Images
- Adding and Editing Buttons
- Adding and Editing Form Fields
- Adding Video
Enable Mobile Content
Now that we have the desktop version of your page all set up, let’s set up the mobile version of your page:
Are you a premium or enterprise user and want to take your mobile page to the next level? You may want to try making an AMP mobile page: Getting Started with AMP Pages
Add Your Own Domain
Purchasing your own custom domain at a hosting provider then connecting that domain to your landing page is a great way of ensuring strong brand alignment, improved Google indexing, and better GoogleAds compatibility.
Want more reasons why you should connect your domain to Unbounce? Check out our article: Why Should I Connect My Domain?
Have you purchased a domain and want help on setting it up on Unbounce? How Do I Add My Domain to Unbounce?
Set Up Your Integrations
Setting up integrations can help you save time and minimize repetitive tasks, allowing you to streamline your process. Unbounce has a long list of integration partners that can help you automate a huge variety of tasks.
Take a look at what our various integration partners can help you with, then head over to our documentation on how to set up some integrations to simplify your landing page actions: Integrating with Unbounce
Run an A/B Test
Your page is published and you’re starting to get those sweet conversions. You can take those conversions to the next level by conducting your own A/B test.
In A/B testing, you create two variations of the same landing page for a campaign and pit them against each other to see which one gains the most conversions. This is a great way to optimize your landing page for your campaign.
Unbounce makes it easy for you to create page variants to assist with your A/B testing needs:
Looking for a more detailed introduction? Watch our Master Unbounce in 30 Minutes video for a step by step guide to creating your landing page.