Ready to build your first landing page? This article will break-down some design elements on what landing page's consist of, and how to get started building your first landing page, in either Smart Builder or the Classic Builder.
What is a Landing Page?
A landing page is a standalone page used in marketing - it's where a visitor 'lands' when they click one of the ads from your campaign.
Landing pages do not usually link to your homepage; their purpose is to encourage visitors to complete the desired action on your page, such as completing a form, clicking a button, or watching a video. This is known as a call to action.
There are two main types of landing pages:
- Lead generation pages, which use a web form for data collection purposes.
- Click-through pages, which use a single button to facilitate transactions.
Take a look at Unbounce's landing page introduction to learn more about landing pages and why they're great for your campaign.
Intro to the Unbounce Conversion Intelligence™ Platform
Before creating your landing pages, you'll want to familiarize yourself with the Unbounce Conversion Intelligence™ Platform.
See our documentation to learn more about the Unbounce Conversion Intelligence™ Platform anatomy.
Creating Your Landing Page
Ready to begin working on your landing page? Follow along with the steps below to get started.
You'll first start with one of our builders: Smart Builder or the Classic Builder.
Smart Builder pairs your marketing expertise with Unbounce Conversion Intelligence™ and AI insights (data pulled from 1.5 billion conversions) to help you launch higher-converting landing pages.
First, check to see if Smart Builder fits your current business need.
See Creating a Page With Smart Builder (Beta) to create your first page!
Next, you'll want to dig into understanding the Smart Builder interface.
After you've made your first page, you can begin customizing it. See these articles to help point you in the right direction:
- Adding Images & Videos to Smart Builder
- Styling your Page in Smart Builder
- Editing Text in Smart Builder
- Working with Section Templates in Smart Builder
- Working with Forms in Smart Builder
- Editing the Mobile Version of your Page in Smart Builder
- Updating Page Settings & Metadata in Smart Builder
The original Classic Builder helps you create & optimize landing pages with drag-and-drop controls and widgets, custom code, and pixel-perfect precision.
See Creating a Page With the Classic Builder to create your first page!
Next, you'll want to dig into the structure of the Classic Builder Interface.
Then, you'll want to start working on page sections, images, and more! See the following videos and articles in our webinar to help you get started editing in the Classic Builder: Learning the Classic Builder.
Or, visit the following articles:
- Adding and Editing Page Sections
- Adding and Editing Text
- Adding Images
- Adding and Editing Buttons
- Adding and Editing Forms in the Classic Builder
- Adding Videos
- Working with Mobile Responsive Content
- How Do I Edit in Mobile View Without Changing the Desktop View in the Classic Builder?
- Managing Your Page Properties
Best Practices for Building Landing Pages
Not sure how best to design a landing page? Both the Classic Builder and Smart Builder provide templates to help you get started. For more details, see these resources:
- What Are Some Best Practices When Designing My Landing Page?
- What Size Should My Landing Page Be? (Classic Builder)
- The Anatomy of a Landing Page
These checklists will help you prioritize what you'll need before and after publishing your landing page.